It sucks, but we need to cheer for Iowa this weekend

kg21

Reaction score
Iowa still has OSU....so that's two losses

They also still have the gophers.......I'm counting that as 3 losses

Illinois has the easier schedule. It sucks, but we need Iowa to win.

Illinois already has a loss and plays Michigan and the gophers

If the gophers lose to Illinois it doesnt really matter anyways

So it’s a horse a piece

Depends on who you are more afraid of.

I’m just going to watch and enjoy the game. I lean Iowa winning makes me feel better.

I get your logic, but I still think it's too early with too many unknowns for me to root for Iowa at this point. If they do win I'll have a silver lining at least.

I'm also just not sold on Illinois yet so that may be swaying my view.

I get your logic, but I still think it's too early with too many unknowns for me to root for Iowa at this point. If they do win I'll have a silver lining at least.

I'm also just not sold on Illinois yet so that may be swaying my view.
Whole division is unknowns ;)

Eh, we need to beat them. I stopped all the hand ringing figuring and plotting. It comes down to beating Wisconsin and Iowa 99% of the time to win the west. We are better than last week and took a bad loss. Now we are in the pickle juice. Hoping Iowa gets beat because Illinois is not there yet and will end up with 3-4 losses. The west winner will have 2.

I prefer Illinois to be beat up and feeling sorry for themselves.

I don't care who wins. I'm hoping Illinois gets exposed in some way that we can take advantage of, but I won't lose any sleep if Iowa runs off multiple defensive touchdowns and wins.
Problem is Iowa's defense is so good it's hard to really learn anything from them smothering someone.

And their offense is so bad it's hard to imagine them exposing something enough to really learn from it.

No can do.

Does anyone else feel like winning the big 10 west this year just isn’t much of an accomplishment? And then you get to go and be pounded in the championship game to top it off. Just seems like the whole west is down significantly, I thought the gophers would win it when the year started and now im not so sure and that’s not to take anything away from the gophers but curious on thoughts?

Does anyone else feel like winning the big 10 west this year just isn’t much of an accomplishment? And then you get to go and be pounded in the championship game to top it off. Just seems like the whole west is down significantly, I thought the gophers would win it when the year started and now im not so sure and that’s not to take anything away from the gophers but curious on thoughts?

I think the top of the West is weaker than in a typical year (Wisconsin/Iowa) but a few of the second tier teams might be getting better (Illinois/Purdue/Minnesota)? It would still be an accomplishment to win the West regardless.

Illinois lost to Indiana. This could be a historically bad year for Wisconsin. We don't know yet.

I'm not sold on them yet as West contenders. Let's see

Never root for Iowa or Wisconsin to win
That's my motto in life.

Rather difficult when they play each other, even then I just choose the team I want to lose.

I'll go in thinking with my head and rooting for Iowa, then find my self rooting for Illinois shortly into the game. The bias is built in. Plus, the Gophers control their own destiny as it pertains to Illinois at this point.

No question that I'll be rooting for Maryland to beat Purdue.

I think the top of the West is weaker than in a typical year (Wisconsin/Iowa) but a few of the second tier teams might be getting better (Illinois/Purdue/Minnesota)? It would still be an accomplishment to win the West regardless.
Yeah that’s an interesting point of view I had not thought of. Good take

Will root for them in a Bowl Game against an SEC team but that's about it.

Though if you're not in the Stadium it doesn't matter who you root for. Even then it might not matter much.

That said, no, will not root for Iowa or Wisconsin.

No,way, not happening.

It is turning out that it could be a wild, wild west.

Top Bottom