It Starts!! Gophers 13 point favorites against UNLV

That's my first instinct as well. I expect us to come out like gangbusters. Night game, state fair going on, first game of the season and look to build on last years bowl game, plus, it is going to be way to cold for UNLV to deal with!

Pound the ball like last year and I'm confident Nelson can hit on the passes Gray missed. We should win by 14+.

That's my first instinct as well. I expect us to come out like gangbusters. Night game, state fair going on, first game of the season and look to build on last years bowl game, plus, it is going to be way too cold for UNLV to deal with!

I agree with you, but what does the State Fair have to do with it?

Hauch on the hot seat. Fired 2 ass't coaches and brought his brother in as DC Also hired Former NFL QB Tim Rosenbach as hue OC. They've 19 returning starters with sophomore Nick Sherry at QB. Hauck's recruiting class finished 8th in the 12 team Mountain West. He did bring in some quality JC Players and a top shelf LB DJ Moffitt who had 4 PAC 12 offers. They'll be improved and
I expect Hauck's team to play with a sense of urgency seeing as the HC in on the hot seat. We should win, but 14 points seems about right.

A lot of people think the Fair has some sort of impact on Gopher football games. I don't get it, either.

I suppose its possible that some people might take in a Gophers game while they were coming down for a the State Fair. I don't think it would be very many.

A lot of people think the Fair has some sort of impact on Gopher football games. I don't get it, either.
The band Train is playing at the Grandstand that night. If you don't think hearing, "Hey, Soul Sister" echoing through the late summer night air isn't going to rile up the fanbase and the team, you're bat-poop crazy.

Too cold? It will be the end of August. I know we live in Minnesota, but this aint Nunavut, Canada.

You missed the sarcasm alert relating to how it would be way too hot for us to play there last year. Mind boggling comments.

13 only??? Should have opened at 20.... We will destroy these guys at TCF.

I've always wondered why the focus is on the spread rather than the odds. What I care about is how likely Vegas thinks it is that we are going to win, not how much they think we will win by. I understand they are correlated, and we can infer that by the high spread, the betters think that we are pretty likely to win, but I'd rather not need to use the proxy.

I was more thinking about myself. I tailgate in St. Paul so it could be a real festive day at the tailgate lot, y'know add just a little more adrenaline to the fans over there.

You missed the sarcasm alert relating to how it would be way too hot for us to play there last year. Mind boggling comments.

Right!, Thanks Doc, that is exactly what I was referring to.

Opening week betting in College Football is a real crapshoot. The lines have to be set based on what happened last year and what? Spring Football and camp reports? It would be interesting to see how well the books actually do that first week. Seems like there are always upsets and/or surprise covers. Second and third week you can make some picks based on actual performances but that first week? Gees...

I was more thinking about myself. I tailgate in St. Paul so it could be a real festive day at the tailgate lot, y'know add just a little more adrenaline to the fans over there.
Is that lot even going to be open? Isn't it used for State Fair parking? I have no idea how that's going to work.

Is that lot even going to be open? Isn't it used for State Fair parking? I have no idea how that's going to work.

The lot is no longer used for State Fair parking and yes it will be open. The U opted not to renew it's arrangement with the Fair to allow them to use the lot for parking, I believe mostly so they could have the Thursday night game to open the season.

I believe it will be a total goat rodeo, but we'll see.

The lot is no longer used for State Fair parking and yes it will be open. The U opted not to renew it's arrangement with the Fair to allow them to use the lot for parking, I believe mostly so they could have the Thursday night game to open the season.

Stupid me. I always assumed that the lot was property of the Fair. We usually split time between there and the Flats. That game will definitely be a Flats game.

Huh?! Are you sure about that?

Those lots behind the racetrack are on the State Fairgrounds and NOT owned by the University. Do you have any documentation saying this is the case? I have a hard time believing that the Fair is going to let their own property sit idle like that.

Those lots behind the racetrack are on the State Fairgrounds and NOT owned by the University. Do you have any documentation saying this is the case? I have a hard time believing that the Fair is going to let their own property sit idle like that.

So im just looking for a yes or no. Can I park at the St. Paul lot for the opener or not? Thanks.

Wow, a thread started about Gophers being 13 point faves, and turned into a discussion about parking. Man oh man, is it tough to keep adhd kids on task. :)

It is U of M lot S108. They own it, not the State Fair.

Top Bottom