It may be a long year for Bo Ryan

From the Barn

Reaction score
Potentially banned activities to include:

Prolonged, negative responses to a call/no-call that are disrespectful or unprofessional and include waving or thrashing the arms in disgust, dramatizing contact by re-enacting the play, or running or jumping “in disbelief” over a call/non-call.

A negative response to a call/no-call that includes approaching/charging an official in a hostile, aggressive or otherwise threatening manner; emphatically removing one’s coat in response to a call/no-call; or throwing equipment or clothing on to the floor.

Continual criticism during a game regarding the same incident after being warned by an official.

He might actually have to coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask.../59089/ncaa-wants-crackdown-on-coaches-antics

When officials start doling out T's left and right for all the shenanigans, gestures, posturing & constant harping coming from the sidelines (as they should). ... I'll believe it when I see it.

Seems like the issue of coaching decorum comes up every once in awhile, but nothing's ever done about it. I'd love to see the stripes become "T" happy to help slow down the coaching histrionics. And if the officials do start doing that, shortly thereafter expect ESPN to do an expose on how the referees are ruining college basketball.

This is actually bad news. Bo will be allowed to continue to do whatever he wants because of his stature. It'll be the "Cleveland States" of the coaching fraternity that'll get called for these types of things.

Maybe they'll T him up once or twice on the road to make a point. I'll be stunned if the 8-on-5 at Kohl Center gets reduced much.

Top Bottom