It looks like raised floors are back in style ..

freshtrout

Reaction score
in Detroit at least. It does give a better 'stage affect' for TV.

When talking about Calhoun's reluctance to deal with it, they said Izzo said it was not big deal as William's Arena in Mpls has the same thing.

Probably because Calhoun can't get 'up and down' as easily as Izzo...

Jeff Adrien...Mr Big Tough guy crumples to the ground without being touched...and people say Greg Paulus is a flopper...

At least when UConn loses, Calhoun will have an excuse...His excuse will not be that MSU played better.

Go Spartans!!!!!!!!!

This has to be the toughest game I've seen this year--physical to the MAX!

I'd also like to say that I really enjoy Clark Kellogg taking the place of Billy Packer this year.

You know if UCONN doesn't start making FT's ... I'm liking Sparty...

What a smash by Summers!

UCONN is going down...(I think)

The floor is raised because of the all the wires and hi-tech junk underneath. It's not raised for some sentimental value. That being said, it's really not a big deal. It's still a basketball court.

I also think they raised it to give people better sightlines at the game. When you are at the top of the farthest reaches of Ford Field any sight line impovement you'll take any sight line improvement you can get.

Raised Floor

If MSU wins Monday nite, do they purchase the floor and reinstall it in E Lansing like they did when they last won the title in 2000?

The floor is raised because of the all the wires and hi-tech junk underneath. It's not raised for some sentimental value. That being said, it's really not a big deal. It's still a basketball court.

True-true-true- but being raised, it's more of a stage for the fans and TV. I'm sure the CBS tech dudes could care less, but from a viewers perspective, it's better TV and better for the fans at the game as well.

Top Bottom