It Is Possible to Come Back From Two ACL's

60's Guy

Reaction score
Indiana recruit has had a pretty exciting, inspirational journey.
"At that point, you start doubting yourself as a human being."
Her Story

sure it is......alot of it depends on the player. it's so different from 10-15 years ago.

Kayla Hirt is the first name that comes to mind. She recovered after missing her senior year of high school with an ACL tear in one knee and her freshman year with the Gophers with an ACL tear in the other kneee.

Paige Bueckers is trying to comeback from another knee injury.

I bet WNBA teams view repeat knee injuries with at least slight caution. I wonder where Bueckers stands in draft prospect rankings. Surely after Caitlin Clarke. I would say #2 but perhaps as low as 4.

Running back Robert Smith of the Vikings came back from two injuries without any problems, just with world-class blistering speed.

I think knowlwdge of women's knee recoveries is still emerging.

Great story on comeback but it’s an indictment against the portal. The low level team takes all the risk, provides resources for rehab, etc. and she bolts. This is exhibit one that there needs to be some real contractual commitment that goes both ways.

Iowa's PG Tania Davis tore her ACL twice and came back to have a pretty good Senior year. It's really hard mentally to fight through it but it can be done. Sophomore Theairra Taylor tore her ACL for the third time in 20 months. Theairra came back to have very good junior and senior years for Iowa. It can be done.

Minnesotan Paige Bueckers on staying positive when recovering from torn ACL:

FYI, the Paige interview was taped before the start of last season, so when she says she is not playing "this year," she means in 2022-23. I was thinking she might have suffered another injury I hadn't heard about.

Bueckers is back on the court with her teammates — though not fully participating in practice games yet — 10 months after suffering the second major knee injury of her college career.

And she occasionally wonders, could it happen again?

Top Bottom