It Could Have Been Much Worse

Duluthguy

Reaction score
Sure, the hire of Kill is terrible and we should rip everything he's ever done, but on the plus side, at least he has some experience in the MAC. Imagine if Maturi had hired a head coach from a lower division school - say Youngstown State. That would prove the U has no interest in a winning football program, just like Ohio State. Not saying Kill will ever be a Tressel, but I bet the fans there said the same things about Tressel that we're saying about Kill. No proof he can win on this level. No proof he can recruit on this level. Why the hell didn't we hire Mason? etc.

The good news is that there's no need to rush to judgment on Kill. You can't sell your tickets because you don't have any left. You can't not renew your tickets because no one is asking you to right now. You can't refuse to go to a game because there's no game to go to. Why not sit back, watch things play out, get to know the guy, see how he recruits, see how the team responds, see how the team looks in the Spring game, let the negative emotions subside... Maybe the guy will really work out, maybe he'll fail, but running around making all sorts of baseless, negative predictions about the future shows an emotional, not thoughtful, reaction.

is this someone who came in off the ledge and is letting reason take over?

I hate this argument. Sure we could have done worse, but we could also do better.

I hate this argument. Sure we could have done worse, but we could also do better.

"Better" is a loose term. We tried to do "better" but were turned down for reasons unbeknown to us. Don't be a moron. Think logically about what we could and could not get.

All I'm saying is don't try to justify things by saying that it "could be worse". Most things could be worse than they are. "Sure you have cancer, but you could be murdered with an axe, it could be worse..."

"Better" is a loose term. We tried to do "better" but were turned down for reasons unbeknown to us. Don't be a moron. Think logically about what we could and could not get.

Better? I thought we were talking about "butter". I had a "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" line all queued up and ready to go.

*walks away singing "turn the tub around"*

Geez, reread the post. The beginning was sarcastic. We could have really failed and hired Tressel. Get it? Did you just read the headline?

Top Bottom