It appears an undefeated college football team ranked in the top 30 of the AP Poll just lost its starting quarterback ... because of an NIL dispute.

This is starting to look more like pro sports than college. Why even have the enrollment rules and scholarships and call them student athletes if all it is going to be is Salary's and pay disputes. This guy basically quit after 4 games.

This is starting to look more like pro sports than college. Why even have the enrollment rules and scholarships and call them student athletes if all it is going to be is Salary's and pay disputes. This guy basically quit after 4 games.
Exactly

Sadly it's worse than pro sports because it's less organized. If this happened in pro sports it would be tampering followed by fines loss of draft picks and probably some lawsuits.

This is a QB that completed a total of 21 passes in 3 games at 43.8% completion percentage. He's a good runner but has never been much of a passer even at Holy Cross.

Pro sports has structure, contracts, rules. What is happening in college athletics is just chaos.

And to this QB....if I was a UNLV fan I would have some choice things to say to his Thank You post....what an douche bag.

I see Barry Odom is UNLV head coach and his brother is director of player personnel. Let’s hear it, guy. What did the bros and their collective promise you. These players going public with laughable NIL contracts has potential to be great reading and viewing.

Chaos and controversy is probably good for driving interest, or at least my interest. Eli Manning crying about being drafted by the Chargers didn’t destroy the NFL. Contract disputes, holdouts, blubbering. All this stuff will do is make us more cynical about the players, coaches, programs, which in my case is hard to do. The questions really are whether CFB fans will turn to the NFL as they tire of getting asked for more money, and/or whether CFB changes will destroy some athletic departments due to market forces.

Top Bottom