Isiah I workout video

whogoofed

Reaction score
If you were wondering what Isiah I is up to.

Who are the other three dudes??
Sean Sutherlin and Jordan Horn are the other guys. Kennedy Klick is the female. It’s on the you tube website version’s “more” expanded description.

It’s one knee and it’s better than new. A guy at that size, speed and agility puts great stress on knees. It is best that both are similar strong. That does concern me about his “good” knee.

1. We've seen this video already.

2. Ihnen looks pretty stiff with zero verticle. It's early, and just a short clip, but at this point He looks like 2021 Eric Curry did.

To the untrained eye.
Physically, Ihnen looks fine, but I am more concerned about the emotional toll he endured from the presence of Kaydn Betts spanning the last year or so.

Inhen was forced to watch his teammate and friend, Jamison Battle, succomb to his inevitable fate at the hands of KB, a tragedy no small forward should be forced to witness.

Injuries get better. Trauma can be more delicate...

Physically, Ihnen looks fine, but I am more concerned about the emotional toll he endured from the presence of Kaydn Betts spanning the last year or so.

Inhen was forced to watch his teammate and friend, Jamison Battle, succomb to his inevitable fate at the hands of KB, a tragedy no small forward should be forced to witness.

Injuries get better. Trauma can be more delicate...
The team sports psychologist is unlikely to go 0 for 2.

2. Ihnen looks pretty stiff with zero verticle. It's early, and just a short clip, but at this point He looks like 2021 Eric Curry did.
Have to agree. Looks slow changing direction and doesn't seem to be getting much lift on that jumper.

Hey hold your criticism... that's our explosive 2 guard according to CBJ...

In all honesty, for the Gophers to utilize him best, they need to play him as a backup 5 and let him stretch the floor with his shooting. He looks incredibly slow in the video and lacks explosion. Let him be a floor spacer and use his 6'10"+ frame.

Last edited:

In all honesty, for the Gophers to utilize him best, they need to play him as a backup 5 and let him stretch the floor with his shooting. He looks incredibly slow in the video and lacks explosion. Let him be a floor spacer and use his 6'10"+ frame.
Those were skill drills. You know nothing.

What? That is a bad take. This was a set of drills, and he moved smooth and had an easy shot - you can't tell anything about lift. He looked nothing like Curry though. Curry never moved that well or shot like that from beyond 15 feet, even before his injuries. In the end it was just a workout and it doesn't tell you anything good or bad other than he is moving relatively well.

He looks like he still has that quick first step to me. Not working at speed drills here though, would love to see him run a gut buster against some fast competion, that would be telling. Will it hold up.

My first takeaway overall is what the heck are they practicing? The one handed backwards passes are going the other way for a turnover dunk. It’s a pass 15-20 feet long to the middle of the floor with a telegraphed windup delivery??
Ihnen doesn’t look so much slow to me. Just very, very mechanical in his rhythm to shoot.
Thinking about his footwork or his shot release…concentrating on breaking some bad habit to eventually make it perfect. But right now, it’s just slow…not necessarily that he is.
I see hope for Ihnen, much more than I do the trainers.

My first takeaway overall is what the heck are they practicing? The one handed backwards passes are going the other way for a turnover dunk. It’s a pass 15-20 feet long to the middle of the floor with a telegraphed windup delivery??
Ihnen doesn’t look so much slow to me. Just very, very mechanical in his rhythm to shoot.
Thinking about his footwork or his shot release…concentrating on breaking some bad habit to eventually make it perfect. But right now, it’s just slow…not necessarily that he is.
I see hope for Ihnen, much more than I do the trainers.
Understandable that you have no clue about drills.

Gould as good as Gould as good as Gould. I just noticed Gould chev is closed.

So much for Ihnen concentrating on wheelchair basketball.

What? That is a bad take. This was a set of drills, and he moved smooth and had an easy shot - you can't tell anything about lift. He looked nothing like Curry though. Curry never moved that well or shot like that from beyond 15 feet, even before his injuries. In the end it was just a workout and it doesn't tell you anything good or bad other than he is moving relatively well.
Agreed, there is very little we can tell from this video about his "lift" or "explosiveness". And at 6'10, there aren't going to be too many guys around who are going to be "explosive" with the ball in his hands, no matter what state his knees are in. He looked fairly comfortable, and that's about the extent of what we can gather from that.

And that high arching 3 pointer still looks beautiful when it splashes through the bottom of the net

But he’s not a good shooter.

Top Bottom