Isaiah Lewis

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Is apparently down to two schools. Rivals appears to be reporting those schools are Michigan State and Kentucky. Scout appears to be reporting those schools are Michigan State and Minnesota. Perfect. WTF.

I can't read either article, but the Scout article come from their Midwest Recruiting Analyst while the Rivals article appears to come from the Kentucky Rivals site.

Rivals :"I've got Kentucky and Michigan State as my top two schools," said Lewis, who is rated the No. 25 safety prospect in the country by Rivals.com. "It's going to be one of those two. I'm not adding anyone to my list, so I'm just trying to figure out which place is the best for me.

"When I went to both schools, I loved both places. I could see myself at either one. They're both good football teams, and they're both good schools for my major, engineering."

So how will Lewis (5-11, 190, 4.4) go about the process of making his choice?

"Well, one school is an SEC school and the other is a Big Ten school," he said. "The SEC is a really good conference, probably the most fast-paced. The Big Ten isn't so fast-paced, but it's still good football.

"Also, I want the chance to play as a freshman. I've been checking out the depth charts to see how I'd fit in. It looks good for both of them, but Michigan State has a more simple defense. It may be easier to pick up."

We are running out of high quality d-backs who are considering even so much as a visit. argh. I had high hopes that Brewster would pull in some an elite kid in the back 7, but with out any visits it seriously hurts Tim's game. Time to turn over the stones for the gems in the rough/ overlooked.

Is he aware that some of the things he is looking for are right here at MN? We have a really good Engineering program (ChemE consistently #1 for undergrads, ME was at #1 for a long while, still top 5, strong programs in many others - seriously top notch school). He would have a great shot at playing as a freshman, also. I'd say at the very least our campus is similar to Michigan State, not sure what he is looking for. Someone has to get in his ear a little more...

Is he aware that some of the things he is looking for are right here at MN? We have a really good Engineering program (ChemE consistently #1 for undergrads, ME was at #1 for a long while, still top 5, strong programs in many others - seriously top notch school). He would have a great shot at playing as a freshman, also. I'd say at the very least our campus is similar to Michigan State, not sure what he is looking for. Someone has to get in his ear a little more...

Great shot for playing time as a freshman?

Kyle Theret, Kim Royston, Tim Dandridge, Mike Rallis, Kenny Watkins, and Kerry Lewis say hi.

Top Bottom