Isaac Fruetche excited to start at U

I knew that line was going to drive people crazy. Whether the kid runs a 4.38, a 4.4, or a 4.55 I don't care. If he's fast then he's fast. At 6'3" whatever quickness he has will be a great help for us.

Hard to say what we will get from the kid but always nice to read about someone that dreamed of playing for the Gophers and is going to get his opportunity. I would think the competition at WR is going to be wide open so if he can get the job done he could land himself a starting spot.

How do you pronounce his name?

It is spelled Fruechte and is clearly German, but I don't know how to say it!

How do you pronounce his name?

It is spelled Fruechte and is clearly German, but I don't know how to say it!

I believe it is Frewk-TEE.

I also believe he was the QB at Caledonia and won a State Championship. Son of a coach, so likely a good football IQ.

Frick-tee

Right on the money.

By the way, I know people whose last name is spelled Fuchs. I guarantee that NO ONE pronounces that name the way it looks. :)

Hard to say what we will get from the kid but always nice to read about someone that dreamed of playing for the Gophers and is going to get his opportunity. I would think the competition at WR is going to be wide open so if he can get the job done he could land himself a starting spot.
Big strong kid. If G'Shun can't stay on the field, I want a big strong receiver who can. If his 40 time is 4.55 and he can run routes well, fight his way off the line, and catch the ball consistently, he can help us a lot.

Big strong kid. If G'Shun can't stay on the field, I want a big strong receiver who can. If his 40 time is 4.55 and he can run routes well, fight his way off the line, and catch the ball consistently, he can help us a lot.

I agree, however bringing up Harris raises the obvious mention that like Harris he is a Juco kid. You really never know what you are going to get out of these guys when they get on campus.

I agree, however bringing up Harris raises the obvious mention that like Harris he is a Juco kid. You really never know what you are going to get out of these guys when they get on campus.

Luckily with Fruechte we have 3 years. I think those guys will be in a real battle for that WR opposite DCT.

Oh no - I see a few mentions if 40 times in this thread....the 40 bashers must be sleeping already.

Whether the kid runs a 4.38, a 4.4, or a 4.55 I don't care. If he's fast then he's fast.
That's like saying, "I don't care if my center is 6'7" or 7'0", if he's tall he's tall."

Sure, both cases would be adequate speed, but all things being equal, I'd rather have that extra .17 seconds, and so would every scout in the world. Sorry if that's somehow offensive to some people here, but it's a pretty obvious statement.

40 times: Please look at the NFL combine. How many WR's ran a 4.38 or better, how about even a 4.45 or better? It's a small group and those guys have been training specifically for the 40 for a month or more prior to running it. It's extremely unlikely that high school or JUCO kids who have yet to reach the type of physcial peak they will in college are running the times that are reported. If Fruetche is 6'3 and runs a 4.38 he already has a better size/speed ratio than all but a handful of NFL receivers.

That's like saying, "I don't care if my center is 6'7" or 7'0", if he's tall he's tall."

Sure, both cases would be adequate speed, but all things being equal, I'd rather have that extra .17 seconds, and so would every scout in the world. Sorry if that's somehow offensive to some people here, but it's a pretty obvious statement.

Yeah, pretty much, with the key being "all things being equal". We all know the 4.38 isn't legit (electronic), it's really not worth discussing. But I'm guessing he probably has more than adequate wheels. If he can run routes well, he'll be just fine out there. Oh yeah, and catch the ball when it's delivered to him lol.

Oh no - I see a few mentions if 40 times in this thread....the 40 bashers must be sleeping already.

Nobody is bashing 40 time. People just question the legitimacy of a 4.38. Given that so few people IN THE WORLD run that fast, it is somehow hard to believe that an under-recruited Minnesota kid actually put up that number.

I'm not saying he won't be good and I'm not saying he isn't fast, but that number is just pretty hard to believe.

I'm not sure how sarcastic you are being, but looking at the NFL combine results is what reminds me how the whole "I run a 4.4 40" thing gets ridiculous.

Only 7 players invited to the NFL combine last year ran under a 4.4 40. The year before that it was 4. I am sure he is fast, but I am at the point where I just don't believe a thing a kid says when they mention their 40 times.

Why do people get so bent out of shape about this? It's obviously a hand timed result. Just like 95 percent of all of the recruiting 40 data we have.

4.38 is a hand held time i am hearing, and it was in rochester's dome they have that they put over their field during the winter. so no wind. Fruechte ran 4.46 as a junior at an iowa state camp is what i have heard as well. so doesnt seem so unreal that he could run that and with that water down there in caledonia you never know.

4.38 is a hand held time i am hearing, and it was in rochester's dome they have that they put over their field during the winter. so no wind. Fruechte ran 4.46 as a junior at an iowa state camp is what i have heard as well. so doesnt seem so unreal that he could run that and with that water down there in caledonia you never know.
If he can run a 4.55, he will be as fast as any WR we have other than Jones. DCT is fast, but not a rocket out of the box. I doubt most of our current crop can actually beat 4.6, and I don't care how you time them if the timer is competent; they just are not fast. If many of them were fast Coop would not be in the top 3 on the team in the 40.

Gold Vision said:
Why do people get so bent out of shape about this? It's obviously a hand timed result. Just like 95 percent of all of the recruiting 40 data we have.

Ahhhhh I knew you would chime in about 40 times - Mr. Antistopwatch

Ahhhhh I knew you would chime in about 40 times - Mr. Antistopwatch

What? You have me confused with someone else. All I am saying is that the majority of the high school prospect times we get are hand held times, so why are people comparing them to electronically timed results in the combine?

If he can run a 4.55, he will be as fast as any WR we have other than Jones. DCT is fast, but not a rocket out of the box. I doubt most of our current crop can actually beat 4.6, and I don't care how you time them if the timer is competent; they just are not fast. If many of them were fast Coop would not be in the top 3 on the team in the 40.

I think DCT is probably as fast as Jones. Jones is much quicker, but DCT is probably just as fast.

Great kid, comes from a solid HS program, his dad is well respected for his knowledge. His eye lit up when I said I was thrilled to have Isaac aboard, we chatted Gophers for a bit. Definitely like this addition, he wants to be a Gopher.

Hopefully he doesn't wear #32--That's a hideous # for a WR.

Top Bottom