is web a better qb without decker?

lakesgopher

Reaction score
after watching the game in full today I think web is a much better qb w/o deck! web looked like he could check down and didn't force it....as much! we will know more after next week!

without question

The Wisconsin game last year and then this year. It requires him to scan the entire field and use other options.

Nope. Weber is a better QB when he gets great protection.....and that is the real story of the game. Weber falls apart when he is pressured. The OL did a great job tonight and it allowed Weber to be successful.

I agree, our other receivers are good and have been good, but Weber would not throw them the darn ball. Decker is good and will be missed but we have a stable full of quality receivers who finally will get the ball because Weber's man crush is out. Personally I would rather have Weber out and Decker in, but I'll take it.

after watching the game in full today I think web is a much better qb w/o deck! web looked like he could check down and didn't force it....as much! we will know more after next week!

I think a good argument could be made that this is the case. It often happens that a QB will lock in on one receiver and throw too many passes in his direction, while missing mismatches and open routes run by the other guys. I think that this has certainly been the case with Weber this year.

That said, after Decker was injured last year, Weber didn't do any better (probably worse), so I think we have to give another game or two to make any judgments on this.

It would be heresy to contend that Weber's better without Decker, but the thought rolled through my brain a couple of times during the game tonight. He just seemed to work through his checkdowns more fluidly tonight. Of course, as stated above, he had ample time on a vast majority of his throws.

No way

A QB is not a better player without a great WR. I think we can maybe question why the focus was so much on getting Decker the ball when it is now clear we have some other guys who can make plays. I also think it is fair to wonder if Adam knew he needed to step up his game starting NOW or he risked being a backup as a Senior. Whatever the reason, Weber was much improved tonight, but I really don't think losing Decker helped in any way.

But it does help, if backhandedly, if it forces Weber to work through all of his progressions instead of "waiting" on Decker. I agree with you that Decker is a major loss, but his absence may force Weber to grow as a QB. Too bad we couldn't have both things.

Nope. Weber is a better QB when he gets great protection.....and that is the real story of the game. Weber falls apart when he is pressured. The OL did a great job tonight and it allowed Weber to be successful.

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner!

I didn't see Weber throw one bad pass tonight...usually with Decker he'll throw into quadruple coverage if necessary.......

Top Bottom