Is Trey Bixby Gopher bound??

Deusen

Reaction score

Would be a nice fit.

Go Gophers

Likely. Penn St is our staunchest competition.

We’re also sitting well with Lucas Heyer.

He would be awesome! Hope it works out.

We offered Jan 30. Mich St on May 1, Penn St on Jul 22, Arkansas on Aug 5.

No offers from Mich or Ohio St. Those would be the two who I wild guess might pull him away.

But a great pick up! More great work by Fleck!

Any idea when he might commit? If he commits soon he would be the first 2022 commit. Would be great to have a 4 star be our first 2022 commit, especially if he could step into a Steven Ortiz type position in the class and help entice other high ranking commits.

He’s actually visited Penn State twice, including the white out game against Michigan. So, he’s had plenty of time to think about it.

For those who don’t know, his dad is Kyle Goblirsch, and Chad Wilt recruited him when he was coaching for Cincinnati. I’m not too worried about him going to Ohio State or Michigan.

nice to have positive news!

From that article:
“Beyond the culture, coaching staff, facilities or community aspects that I touched on earlier; it ultimately felt like home. I grew up going to games at Minnesota, spring practices and spring games as a kid. I remember eating dinner with Mike Sherels and the team one time when I was about 7 years old. I grew up getting balls signed by Gopher players, I had a custom Ra'Shede Hageman jersey as well when I was younger. I've always grown up loving the state of Minnesota. We've lived out of the state now for about half my life but once I stepped on campus in June it just felt like being home.”

From that article:
Yeah, he has a Vikes hat and Gophs top on in that Twitter picture...

Gold Star for his shout out to his fifth grade teacher in his announcement!

Top Bottom