Is This Ben's Best Ever July Roster?

Is This Ben's Best Ever July Roster?

• Total voters

The laws of physics don't vary, but the job offers do vary if you graduate from California/Harvard/Stanford vs Minnesota/Iowa/Nebraska.
Maybe if you're looking to get a $250K job right out of college. But I don't think a normal entry-level engineering job is affected much.

Maybe if you're looking to get a $250K job right out of college. But I don't think a normal entry-level engineering job is affected much.
If you think job offers to Minnesota/Iowa grads are comparable to job offers to Harvard/Stanford grads, you are mistaken. Been there, done that....Had high school friends who graduated from Harvard and Stanford and received much better job offers.

Last edited:

If you think job offers to Minnesota/Iowa grads are comparable to job offers to Harvard/Stanford grads, you are mistaken. Been there, done that....Had high school friends who graduated from Harvard and Stanford and received much better job offers.

He didn't say they didn't vary. He used the example of an entry level engineering job offer as not being too dependent upon where one went to school and acknowledged that very lucrative starting positions (in certain fields) tended to go to graduates of elite universities. Try to be a little more discerning when picking your battles.

He didn't say they didn't vary. He used the example of an entry level engineering job offer as not being too dependent upon where one went to school and acknowledged that very lucrative starting positions (in certain fields) tended to go to graduates of elite universities. Try to be a little more discerning when picking your battles.
Wasn't picking a battle.
Just stating an personal observation.
As a result, apparently the battle picked me.

Battles are lurking everywhere on this forum.
You are right.
For future reference:
Every opinion or observation that I state in the future will be incorrect.
If you want to be correct, simply disagree with everything I say.
That way you will be 100% correct every time and you will never hurt my feelings.

With the DG news, in response to the original question: not anymore.

Top Bottom