Is there a liquor store in Dinky anymore? Other opens or closures to note?

swingman

Reaction score
They tore down Dinkytown Wine and Spirits, right? And McDonalds?

Any other shut downs, closures, openings in Dinky, Stadium Village, West Bank to be aware of?

Any other shut downs, closures, openings in Dinky, Stadium Village, West Bank to be aware of?
Annies is still closed as of today. Hopefully they open again soon. Al's is back open though!

BWWs (formerly Sparky’s Bar) was take-out only a couple of weeks ago (no dine in). Punch Pizza across from Stub & Herbs was also closed.

Say it isn’t so! Dinkytown becomes less and less recognizable every year since I graduated, which really wasn’t that long ago.

BLoc and Blarneys are still going strong (right?????)

Al's still there as well, though they tried to shut it down. Not that I ever had the willpower to make it there more than a couple times.

Absolutely ridiculous that you could live in Dinkytown and not have a liquor store in a reasonable walking distance.

I loved Dinky Town Wine and Spirits, the $10 cases of mystery beer were great!
I’m a good few years out of undergrad now but Dinkytown Wine and Spirits was still my go-to liquor store until they went away. Still looking for any other stores that can match their insane deals. Like $5-10 for a bottle of hard liquor or $10-12 for a 24 back of beer.

Blaze is better pizza a few blocks away
b91.jpg

I’m a good few years out of undergrad now but Dinkytown Wine and Spirits was still my go-to liquor store until they went away. Still looking for any other stores that can match their insane deals. Like $5-10 for a bottle of hard liquor or $10-12 for a 24 back of beer.
Yea they got all the stuff that wasn't selling. I would love to know where its going now.

Absolutely ridiculous that you could live in Dinkytown and not have a liquor store in a reasonable walking distance.
Yeah I bet the U is just in an awful tizzy about students not having easy access to alcohol.

Just like they hate that there are no major grocery stores near campus.

Actually, there is a not Trader Joe's what's the other one, Fresh Thyme, and with a small but gets the job done FT liquor store, in Prospect Park.

You’ll see me in lot 37 buyin out others extra cases for 50 bux/per

It's 2021. Drizly. Liquor store at you finger tips.

Top Bottom