Is Sam Maniscalco a "big-time" player?

Is Sam Maniscalco a "big-time" player?

• Total voters

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
Feel free to stretch the definition of "big-time" to whatever absurd extent you wish.

Feel free to stretch the definition of "big-time" to whatever absurd extent you wish.

For the record, when I first posted info about him I said "Not sure if this qualifies as big time...." so please feel free to step down from your soapbox. Like yourself, I had never really heard of the kid until recently when I heard through the grapevine that he was leaving Bradley and Minnesota was a possible destination along with a handful of other schools in the Midwest.

For the record, when I first posted info about him I said "Not sure if this qualifies as big time...." so please feel free to step down from your soapbox. Like yourself, I had never really heard of the kid until recently when I heard through the grapevine that he was leaving Bradley and Minnesota was a possible destination along with a handful of other schools in the Midwest.

This is directed at One-Time Hotel Staymate of Tubby, not you. Unwad your panties, please.

I think you're failing to look at this in context. Is he a superstar? Probably not. But is he a big-time player, as far as transfers go? I would tend to lean towards yes. How many NBA kids do you see transferring? Maybe a handful every year or two.

I think you're failing to look at this in context. Is he a superstar? Probably not. But is he a big-time player, as far as transfers go? I would tend to lean towards yes. How many NBA kids do you see transferring? Maybe a handful every year or two.

Dozens of kids with more name recognition than Sam Maniscalco transfer each and every year.

I never heard of him. I am a Gopher BBall fan and College BBall fan as a result of following the Gophers so Bradley not too much on my radar - except for maybe Patrick O'Bryant and Jim Molinari. IF Sam transfers here AND is eligible to play next year he might be our best 'big time' GET for next year --- He could be our Starting PG right away. Interesting 'big time' get - possibility.

Dozens of kids with more name recognition than Sam Maniscalco transfer each and every year.

With more name recognition to you, yes. That's the thing about "big time", it's subjective. So good call on making a poll about it, actually. We'll see what the general feeling is.

It's a bit of a silly debate anyway, since whether you think he is big time or not is irrelevant. What's important is whether he could help us.

Count howeda in the "Voting Yes Because I Voted No" category...

I personally voted "yes" because I saw them play this year vs. USC and thought he was a pretty good player. He hit a lot of big shots, and some long balls. Probably had like 15 points or so, with at least 3 threes. I think he could definitely help us out.

And also to be fair, the tweet quote is actually "Could be a big time player", not that he already is. Perhaps on a grander stage, he would become a big time player. I have no idea.

I cannot believe that some people would consider him to be a "big-time" player by even the most loose definition. Absolutely absurd. If someone were to suggest that Ralph Sampson, who had better stats this year in a MUCH better conference than this guy, was a big time player everyone would freak out. But sure, I guess a guy who was the 4th leading scorer for the 9th place team in the Missouri Valley League (12-20 overall record), and scored 0 points in 22 minutes against Texas A&M King and 8 turnovers against Eastern Illinois is "big-time."

I just looked up the Bradley record - I might have to re-evaluate my possible 'big time' get suggestion. Bradley 4-14 in the MVC. Oh boy! I was wondering if we could possibly face them in the CIT or something but that does not look likely. Back to looking for another starting PG for next year.

Nope, not even close, IMO...I want to know who voted yes to this???

I mentioned this in the other thread, but to be fair this kid only played in six games this season. And even those were at the beginning of this season, which included a win over Southern California. The conference record has no indication of the player because he wasnt in the lineup.

That said, I still do not think he is "big time"--- but he is a respectable player.

The only person who I could see considering this kid a big-time player is David Khan.

I actually find the question absurd. Of course he's not big-time. But I just felt like getting called out again. Seriously though, outside of the Harrison Barnes' of the world, we could have this debate over most of the likely candidates. Will the kid be percieved as 'big time' if he's local and therefore more people have heard of him?

He is not a "big time player" by any definition of those words. He was well regarded as Chicago Catholic League HS recruit a few years ago.

Top Bottom