Is Royce White Really a Power Forward?

figi

Reaction score
I don't care to entertain old arguements about White's strange behavior here. I simply am asking If playing the power forward spot would be the best use of his talents. I know at the beginning of the year we all saw the addition of Mbakwe and White as the answer to the lack of a big forward on the team. However, watching Royce play in high school and at the Howard Pulley games, I felt he did not look comfortable working for inside position.

I felt he looks better suited to the small forward spot on both ends of the court. I know he has the size but he doesn't seem to have to will or temperment to bang inside. At small forward he would be a difficult match up for any team.

Just wondering what others feel about this.

i think the lack of contact you see in his hs games is from the opposition not wanting to get anywhere near him.

I don't care to entertain old arguements about White's strange behavior here. I simply am asking If playing the power forward spot would be the best use of his talents. I know at the beginning of the year we all saw the addition of Mbakwe and White as the answer to the lack of a big forward on the team. However, watching Royce play in high school and at the Howard Pulley games, I felt he did not look comfortable working for inside position.
I felt he looks better suited to the small forward spot on both ends of the court. I know he has the size but he doesn't seem to have to will or temperment to bang inside. At small forward he would be a difficult match up for any team.

Just wondering what others feel about this.

Are you sure you didn't just make up the fact that you watched him play? Royce is probably the most physical player I've ever seen in high school and absolutely loves contact.

Are you sure you didn't just make up the fact that you watched him play? Royce is probably the most physical player I've ever seen in high school and absolutely loves contact.

In high school it seemed to me he preferred playing on the outside. In the Howard Pulley games He played inside but, I rarely saw him get a rebound or put back a shot the way Mbakwe did. I certainly didn't see most of his games. From what I did see he seemed to prefer to play outside and look for lanes to the basket. I'm not the last word on the subject. That's why I welcome comments. It would be silly to say this without ever having seen him play.

He looked to mostly play inside when I've watched him. Definitely a lot of contact too.

I know what you're saying because I also saw you tube footage of him taking 3 point and jump shots and handling the ball on the wing(royce white commit of the day 10/27/08 . I figure it would) take a little time but he could be a wing player on the D-1 level.

Top Bottom