Is northwestern a must win game?

I think it is a game that the Gophers need to win.

Are they cooked if they don't win? No.

But I think this team probably loses two home games down the stretch (Ohio State and either Sparty or the Illini). And winning road games is going to be more difficult with freshmen doing much of the ballhandling.

Hence, I think they really need to win this game if they want to get to 10-8.

Did anyone see what Wisconsin did to NW at their place? NW looked freakin terrible, I should hope we can put em away if they play like that.

Did anyone see what Wisconsin did to NW at their place? NW looked freakin terrible, I should hope we can put em away if they play like that.

The one problem is that this is college basketball, Big Ten style, in which past performance is no indicator of future success or failure. These guys can be inconsistent as heck, and play a game like world beaters and then stink the place up the next game. Look at Penn State. They were terrible in December and now they have wins over Illinois and Michigan State, with near misses against OSU and Purdue.

If the crappy team that played Wisconsin on Sunday shows up, we are fine. We just have no assurance it will. That's why the concern.

I love how people seem to think that referencing a single NW game somehow defines exactly how good they are. Did you see how terrible we looked against Virginia? I was one of the people who talked about how overrated NW was coming into the season. My point isn't that they're good, but simply that referencing a single game is pretty meaningless. Every team looks terrible at times. In any case, there's no such thing as a must-win game at this point. Obviously it would really really help though.

Top Bottom