Is Nolen out for the season or not?

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
It's been 2 weeks since his injury. Originally, it was supposed to be a 4 week deal. Well that would mean that he could possibly be able to play the last couple of games of the regular season. But then I hear anecdotes that he'll never play again, which means he would miss all games in the postseason in March (whether that be the NCAA or NIT), so there seems to be a big discrepancy. :confused:

it was never 4 weeks. just homers who are in denial. nolen is most likely done as a gopher. if, and thats if we make the ncaa tourney, he may play in the second round, or tough it out in the first

4 weeks from surgery.

Which we are a week and a half into. I think that was the best case scenario and they don't really know exactly how long he would be out for. My guess is that he's out for the season. Seems highly unlikely to come back in 4-6 weeks from foot surgery

it was never 4 weeks. just homers who are in denial. nolen is most likely done as a gopher. if, and thats if we make the ncaa tourney, he may play in the second round, or tough it out in the first

If he played in the second round and not the first, it would only be two days later. Seems like a negligible difference considering the month+ timeframe.

It's been 2 weeks since his injury. Originally, it was supposed to be a 4 week deal. Well that would mean that he could possibly be able to play the last couple of games of the regular season. But then I hear anecdotes that he'll never play again, which means he would miss all games in the postseason in March (whether that be the NCAA or NIT), so there seems to be a big discrepancy. :confused:

4-6 weeks. Then probably another few days or week to get back into shape.

Practically, it would be early March return IF at all.

if we make the ncaa tourney, he may play in the second round, or tough it out in the first

Are you saying he would have to "tough it out" to play on a thursday but he wouldnt be toughing it out if he played on the saturday after that thursday?
I hope you mean second weekend not second round.

Saul Smith was quoted by the ESPN broadcast team as saying that the Gophers hoped to have Nolen back for the Big 10 Tournament. If (I hate that it is now an if) the Gophers have an NCAA bid wrapped up by that time, I would hope they would not play him in the tournament (subjecting him to games on back to back days) and save him for THE tournament.

Top Bottom