Is it wrong...

M&G BUSt

Reaction score
to teach the Who Hates Iowa chant to a two year old?

If it's wrong I don't wanna be right.

Not only is it not wrong it is your duty as a Gopher fan to make sure those feelings are instilled at an early age.

My wife used to do home daycare. There was a 2-3 year old in her care whose mom was a massive Hawkeye fan. I took it upon myself to teach him the phrase "Boo Hawkeyes, Go Gophers" his mother was not amused.....:cool:

My wife is pregnant with our second child and she is already planning shirts and or onesies for next years game where one shirt will say "Who Hates Iowa?" and the other will say "We Hate Iowa".

My wife is pregnant with our second child and she is already planning shirts and or onesies for next years game where one shirt will say "Who Hates Iowa?" and the other will say "We Hate Iowa".

YOu've got a keeper!

Why stop with Iowa? Let the little one know that he is better Dead than Red!

My niece is a Speech Therapist in Iowa. She was working with a 6-year old who had a difficult time with saying his "R's". She gave him an assignment to come up with a phrase that he enjoyed saying that included differing uses of R's. He brought it home and worked with his parents. This is what they came up with: "Minnesota Gophers are a Junior Varsity Football Team".

No, you are not out of line to teach your disdain for the Hawkeyes to your 2-year old.

The student section chanting "Who Hates Iowa" on the way out of the stadium might be my five year old's favorite part of the game. My only rule is that he isn't allowed to yell it at school. Last year he told his preschool teacher that Bucky was a skunk in a popcorn box and I heard about it at conferences. Hoping not to have any repeats this year.

A couple years ago there was a video on here of three kids beating the hell out of a drum and chanting who hates iowa. Does anyone else remember seeing that? It was great.

The student section chanting "Who Hates Iowa" on the way out of the stadium might be my five year old's favorite part of the game. My only rule is that he isn't allowed to yell it at school. Last year he told his preschool teacher that Bucky was a skunk in a popcorn box and I heard about it at conferences. Hoping not to have any repeats this year.

My wife probably wouldn't be crazy about getting that report at conferences, I on the other hand would have been thrilled.

to teach the Who Hates Iowa chant to a two year old?

You have to remember that very soon a well intentioned teacher or day care provider is going to teach them it is not ok to say you hate someone. Then you will have to wait a few years until their old enough to understand it's ok to hate people who fornicate in stadium bathrooms.

Shouldn't you be arranging speakers to repeat 'who hates iowa?' aimed at your wife's belly? More and more studies are showing that life learning begins in the womb.

Schnauzer... I like that idea but I thought we were doing good enough when my mother in law bought our first child a mobile for the crib that played the rouser and multiple Goldy's going around in a circle. Great way to put her to sleep every night and that will be moved to the new babies crib as well.

"I Hate Iowa" is so imbedded in genetics that millions and millions of little tail waggers keep trying to get out of Iowa.

Congrats on the second kiddo, by the way!

2 YEAR OLD?!?!?!? Omg, how could you do that????? My son is a month old and 3 days and I started working on it on with him 4 weeks ago ;)

My three year old grandson loves to say "who hates iowa?' He then says "We do" and then he laughs and laughs. You gotta love it!

Schnauzer... I like that idea but I thought we were doing good enough when my mother in law bought our first child a mobile for the crib that played the rouser and multiple Goldy's going around in a circle. Great way to put her to sleep every night and that will be moved to the new babies crib as well.

I read this and bought a Goldy mobile for my 3-week old. No idea they had those.

Top Bottom