Is it just me, or is the title of the Bowl......?

restovich

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the title of our Bowl Game this year (Bad Boys Mower Pinstripe Bowl) come across almost as stupid as the old Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl?

I guess it could be worse, we could be playing in the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl.......

But it often sounds weird. I remember when John Hancock was the sponsor of the Sun Bowl. For a coupla years, they tried to just call it the John Hancock Bowl, but it was of course the Sun Bowl, and reverted to it.

This year, it is odd that the Outback Bowl is gone......

I long for the return of the days when bowls were simply named for commodities

But it often sounds weird. I remember when John Hancock was the sponsor of the Sun Bowl. For a coupla years, they tried to just call it the John Hancock Bowl, but it was of course the Sun Bowl, and reverted to it.

This year, it is odd that the Outback Bowl is gone......

If the John Hancock Bowl sounded weird to you, didn't the Outback Bowl sound weird, too?

Both named after their sponsor.

Well, if we are really into full disclosure and truth in advertising, maybe we could call one of the Bowls the "Money Bowl"...........

This group must have forgotten about the Micron PC Dot Com Bowl.
One of Mason's glorious blown leads, IIRC.
I can still see Tellis Redmon with his hands on his hips looking toward the bench knowing no relief was coming...IIRC a246 yard effort was wasted.:mad:

Dry Pea and Lentils Bowl!
Can we settle on split pea soup bowl...🤡
il_1588xN.671453290_rnif.jpg

I prefer "Is your Chili as hot as Hormel?" bowl.
Underated post of the day candidate. Could we have Coach Brewster do a little segment between the third and fourth quarters? Wonder if the commercials would be like Rotel when they were the only advertiser on BTN (only a slight exaggeration).

Is it just me, or does the title of our Bowl Game this year (Bad Boys Mower Pinstripe Bowl) come across almost as stupid as the old Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl?

Bad Boy Mowers use to sponsor the Gasparilla Bowl at Tropicana Field. Before that it was the St. Petersburg Bowl sponsored by magic.jack, Beef O'Brady's, and Bitcoin. When it was moved to Raymond James in 2020 it became the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl.

Don't know why they took their sponsorship to NYC.

Bad Boy Mowers also sponsors that Battle for Atlantis Thanksgiving weekend basketball tourney.

I have no idea why the marketing department for a lawn mower company would blow the budget in November and December, when few people or businesses are in the market for a lawn mower.

That money would seem better spent on CBS in March-April at any event Jim Nantz is doing.

Bad Boy Mowers also sponsors that Battle for Atlantis Thanksgiving weekend basketball tourney.

I have no idea why the marketing department for a lawn mower company would blow the budget in November and December, when few people or businesses are in the market for a lawn mower.

That money would seem better spent on CBS in March-April at any event Jim Nantz is doing.
Maybe they need a tax deduction?

The ROI (or negative ROI) of advertising is probably fascinating. Not fascinating enough that I’ve devoted more than a few minutes thinking about it but now that bowls are being discussed I wonder how ROI is measured or if it even can be measured given variables. Your seasonality example one of them.

An advertising director/team in charge of a multi-million dollar ad budget surely will show his/their work is worthwhile to the company. Is it? No idea.

With how he's turning into a superstar we're only a few years away from the Bol Bol Bowl
Will never forgive the Wolves for not taking Bol Bol. Top 5 talent out of HS. Insanity ensued. Though they got Nowell so not a complete loss.

This group must have forgotten about the Micron PC Dot Com Bowl.
One of Mason's glorious blown leads, IIRC.
Against Tech and Leach, right?
And tgst collapse caused his firing and brought Mr. Chili to MN.

The Micron PC Bowl collapse against NC State was in 2000, in Miami.
The Insight.com Bowl collapse against Leach and Texas Tech was in 2006, in Phoenix.

I like talking about a Gopher 5 game Bowl winning streak a whole lot better than remembering these collapses......

Top Bottom