Is it a Good Sign...

jamiche

Reaction score
that none of the three suspended players have announced that they are transferring?

Could be. But maybe they are waiting for RP to make a decision on the suspension.

I'm taking it as such. Have they had the post season banquet to ... um ... "celebrate" the season? I'd think that would be another mark to pass. Of course, this is the Gophers and guys have left in the middle of the season so who knows?

They'll be back. We are too awful and losing too many season tickets to dismiss them and have another 2 win B10 season. If we are Duke,Kansas, or Kentucky these guys are already out of school. Those programs can just plug in 3 more HS All Americans. MN doesn't have that luxury.

They'll be back. We are too awful and losing too many season tickets to dismiss them and have another 2 win B10 season. If we are Duke,Kansas, or Kentucky these guys are already out of school. Those programs can just plug in 3 more HS All Americans. MN doesn't have that luxury.

We do need someone to transfer or we will only have one scholarship correct?

Is Diedou happy here?

I guess if something was going to happen it would have already

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It will be fun watching them in NCAA tourney next year. The big10 isnt that good...

I think you're a year too early to worry about that.

Agreed a lot can happen in a year, recruit the guys that you think can help and cross that bridge when it needs to be crossed. Even if Gaston doesn't play a lot next year, he's still a practice body, you start losing guys or running people off before you have too, it can be tougher to run practice

If spring break is over now, I would expect we would know a lot more in the next week or so. The guys will have had time to sort things out with their families and hopefully know what the coach wants, desires and expects of them if they stay. The wildcard, of course, is University administration who may want additional say in the matter and may wait until summer to give more input. If they are back in class when spring break is over, that is probably a good sign. If they are back, they will likely be in a one strike and you're out situation. And the strike zone is going to be pretty big.

If they're here when team workouts begin, usually mid June then we should be in the clear.

I do not think that any of them are so good that another HC would take them and endure a ton of bad publicity for his decision.

I do not think that any of them are so good that another HC would take them and endure a ton of bad publicity for his decision.
Not every coach would, because bluebloods have the talent already, but Mason could make anyone Big Ten teams rotation and start for a lot of too. I also think Dupree next year would be a good defensive guy off the bench and his potential as a scorer and to grow into his frame would make him intriguing. Dorsey has quicks and he's only a freshman. These guys had sex at the end of the day, remember Maryland took in Dez wells and Sulliomon for worse infractions. We also took Mbakwe back after his trial amd Memphis made a push to get him to transfer. Talent trumps character at the end of the day at most programs. Hollier than thought programs wouldn't be so holy if they didn't have the talent. Look how Izzo changed his transfer stance when he needed to upgrade his roster, same with coach K on one and done's, now he's in an arms race with coach Cal

History says otherwise. Coaches have welcomed players before that have done much worse.

that none of the three suspended players have announced that they are transferring?

According to Pat on his Saturday program he thinks Dorsey will be gone, and there is a chance Murphy will transfer as he doesn't get along with Richard. Take that for what its worth.

Go Gophers

According to Pat on his Saturday program he thinks Dorsey will be gone, and there is a chance Murphy will transfer as he doesn't get along with Richard. Take that for what its worth.

Go Gophers

And that would be completely contrary to everything Jordan has said publicly since the incident. I don't hate Reusse as much as some, but his style I suspect has burned a lot of bridges with decent sources. I highly doubt he has any reputable inside sources within the athletic department or the basketball program that would make his musings credible.

Go Gophers

I'd rather keep Murphy than Pitino at this point! As for the threesome, hopefully they made it through spring break without any more issues.

Go Gophers

Here's what it is worth: Pat Reusse watched TV the night the Gophers played Illinois and heard Dakich say that he didn't like the body language between Murphy and Pitino. For Reusse that's GOLD level information- it's negative and it's somebody's opinion that he can use without getting his fanny off the couch.

In the unlikely chance that he is right he could say he called it. If he is wrong- nobody cares or remembers. Perfect.

Here's what it is worth: Pat Reusse watched TV the night the Gophers played Illinois and heard Dakich say that he didn't like the body language between Murphy and Pitino. For Reusse that's GOLD level information- it's negative and it's somebody's opinion that he can use without getting his fanny off the couch.

In the unlikely chance that he is right he could say he called it. If he is wrong- nobody cares or remembers. Perfect.

Wasn't Murphy quoted saying something like "Those guys are my brothers, we gotta stick together," or something like that in reference to Dorsey, McBrayer, and Mason, or maybe just the team as a whole? Personally I'm expecting everyone back next year.

Wasn't Murphy quoted saying something like "Those guys are my brothers, we gotta stick together," or something like that in reference to Dorsey, McBrayer, and Mason, or maybe just the team as a whole? Personally I'm expecting everyone back next year.

Me too. Part of that is hope and part is reason. Why go through all these guys went through this year only to transfer, sit out a year and wait for a new situation that guarantees nothing? I get the sense that these guys are excited for the year ahead and the possibilities with the new roster.

Murphy said he is excited to see Lynch and Fitzgerald added to the team next year and that he loves the incoming recruiting class. There has been no evidence of him having a bad relationship with Pitino other than Dakitch saying on a broadcast that Murphy should get the ball every possession.

As long as the threesome returns, the future looks better than sitting out a year.

Murphy said he is excited to see Lynch and Fitzgerald added to the team next year and that he loves the incoming recruiting class. There has been no evidence of him having a bad relationship with Pitino other than Dakitch saying on a broadcast that Murphy should get the ball every possession.

As long as the threesome returns, the future looks better than sitting out a year.

Like I said for what its worth. I would be surprised if he leaves. I think a lot depends on what other actions are taken against the three if any.

I see what you did there...

If Dorsey is the only that that transfers, I won't be thrilled, but I'm not going to lose much sleep.

Murphy would be a major surprise to me and huge hit. Have to wonder what he is thinking watching the team he committed to play yesterday and the coach he committed to playing Friday. Hopefully he wants to stick it out and get there next year (as a goal).

I see what you did there...

If Dorsey is the only that that transfers, I won't be thrilled, but I'm not going to lose much sleep.

Murphy would be a major surprise to me and huge hit. Have to wonder what he is thinking watching the team he committed to play yesterday and the coach he committed to playing Friday. Hopefully, he wants to stick it out and get there next year (as a goal).

His option is sitting out next year. I wish I believed that kids had the foresight to realize that transferring is not the answer, but I have 0 faith in my/future generations.

Better than last year is not a very high hurdle to jump.
How about good enough to make the NCAA?

There many coaches who would not touch them. Not all three are coming back.

Top Bottom