Is Decker going to play in the bowl game?

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I hate to make a new thread for this, but is there any chance Decker plays in the bowl game? I couldn't remember if he was out for the year or for the regular season. Thanks in advance.

No. He won't even be ready for the NFL Combine.

He needs to be a Viking - hopefully the Vikes take him in, say, Round 3 (after they take two offensive linemen). He would look almost as good in purple and gold as he did in maroon and gold. :)

He needs to be a Viking - hopefully the Vikes take him in, say, Round 3 (after they take two offensive linemen). He would look almost as good in purple and gold as he did in maroon and gold. :)

He will be no better in the pros than Logan Payne or Aaron Hosack. They both caught every ball ever thrown their way but were too slow for the NFL. Decker is a great College receiver and has great stats (better than the other two)but he is too slow for the Pro Game.

He will be no better in the pros than Logan Payne or Aaron Hosack. They both caught every ball ever thrown their way but were too slow for the NFL. Decker is a great College receiver and has great stats (better than the other two)but he is too slow for the Pro Game.

not sure where you are getting slow

4.54-40 is too slow?

sydney rice, larry fitzgerald are two other "slow" receivers doing quite well in the league.

What the hell are you talking about?

You are crazy, bank on that.
________
Brabus

Thanks for the feed back. That sucks that he won't even be ready for the NFL combine. The Packers are already deep at WR, but I'd love to see them take him some where in the middle of the draft. Obviously I'm a Packer fan.

Yes, and Jim Langer's college coach told him the same kind of thing when he received an invite to Miami's camp. Good thing Shula didn't call his coach before sending the invitation. Langer may have lacked some "measureables" but he was a warrior and willing to let a big oaf of an RB tatoo his back with cleat marks. He ended up in Canton for his trouble. Decker looks like a player to me. Let's see what happens.

...is there any chance Decker plays in the bowl game? I couldn't remember if he was out for the year or for the regular season...

I recently spoke with someone familiar with his foot injury/surgery.

It would be considered optimistic if he is 100% and ready to go by NFL training camp in July.
Even this timetable/prognosis is NOT considered a given. Decker has a "steep hill to climb."

Bankonit is an Idiot and a Hater

BankonIt is an idiot and a hater. All he does is hate on Gophers.

Top Bottom