Is Brew's South Dakota Like Mason's Texas Tech?

And with all the dogmatic statements you make, I'd say that you have 0% chance of being right all the time.

What do you do on this site besides provoke people? Just wondering.

He's right. Virginia Tech has a ZERO percent chance of winning the Big East. They do, however, have a chance of winning the ACC.

I think we all know who the Internet Tough Guy is around here.

Because I correct people's mistakes with facts?

Yeah, ok.

Look through my posting history - you'll note that I've never "started" anything with anyone. Not once.

The only thing that could possibly change that is if the losses keep mounting and Brewster refuses to take Weber out of the lineup. Maturi is probably too big of a pussy to get involved and make some demands about playing (even more) young players like Gray, but if he did and Brewster refused, that could lead to it being done during the season.

Really? You want an AD to make coaching decisions? He has hired coaches to do the coaching. If they fail, they fail based on their own decisions. Joel could easily make the comments you suggest at Brewster's performance review, but NO AD should be involved in coaching decisions regarding playing time, positions, etc.

Really? You want an AD to make coaching decisions? He has hired coaches to do the coaching. If they fail, they fail based on their own decisions. Joel could easily make the comments you suggest at Brewster's performance review, but NO AD should be involved in coaching decisions regarding playing time, positions, etc.

It's not meant to be "coaching decisions" in the context you're saying. What I mean is that if the team is 1-7 or something down the line and the program should be getting younger players (like Gray especially) some much-needed experience looking ahead to next year but Brewster refuses to do so, then an AD may have to step in and give Brewster an ultimatum in-season. So while you're technically right, that is a "coaching decision," it's not like I'm saying Maturi should go in there and tell Cosgrove to play a cover 2 or he's fired.

Care to rescind your statement, Internet Tough Guy?

Definition of Touche': "used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point"

In other words, I was acknowledging the fact that Rodent Rampage made a good point. You are arrogant, so I will not feed your already overinflated ego.

Texas Tech still to this day feels horrible...probably worse then Michigan 2003 & possibly Wisconsin 2005...

How? A meaningless bowl game at the end of a year in which we needed an amazing 2nd half of the season to even qualify for hurt worse than losing two games that we had 'in the bag' against not only conference oponents, but two of our biggest rivlas? These two losses derailed our best chances at 'program defining' seasons. Especially the 2005 wisky game coming off of a win at the big house.

It's not meant to be "coaching decisions" in the context you're saying. What I mean is that if the team is 1-7 or something down the line and the program should be getting younger players (like Gray especially) some much-needed experience looking ahead to next year but Brewster refuses to do so, then an AD may have to step in and give Brewster an ultimatum in-season. So while you're technically right, that is a "coaching decision," it's not like I'm saying Maturi should go in there and tell Cosgrove to play a cover 2 or he's fired.

What is the difference between 'play players that you don't deem to be your best chance at success or your fired' and 'play a defense that you don't deem to be your best chance at success or your fired'? Both seem to be a total abuse of power by an AD. Maybe, MAYBE different if your AD is Alvarez or Osbourne, but as much as I like Maturi, he doesn't fit that profile.

Definition of Touche': "used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point"

In other words, I was acknowledging the fact that Rodent Rampage made a good point. You are arrogant, so I will not feed your already overinflated ego.

It wasn't his point, dingleberry.

And if knowing that Virginia Tech is in the ACC is arrogant, then color me so.

What is the difference between 'play players that you don't deem to be your best chance at success or your fired' and 'play a defense that you don't deem to be your best chance at success or your fired'? Both seem to be a total abuse of power by an AD. Maybe, MAYBE different if your AD is Alvarez or Osbourne, but as much as I like Maturi, he doesn't fit that profile.

So you think if the Gophers are 1-7 that Weber should start at QB instead of Gray?

So you think if the Gophers are 1-7 that Weber should start at QB instead of Gray?

It doesn't matter what I think about the players. I think an AD should hire and fire, and that is it.

It doesn't matter what I think about the players. I think an AD should hire and fire, and that is it.

And if Maturi think it's in the program's best interest over the long term to give the sophomore a chance to start at QB over a senior once the season has gotten out of hand and the coach won't do that, then he could fire him. I think that's really all I was saying, and it doesn't seem so preposterous to me. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. That's cool.

And if Maturi think it's in the program's best interest over the long term to give the sophomore a chance to start at QB over a senior once the season has gotten out of hand and the coach won't do that, then he could fire him. I think that's really all I was saying, and it doesn't seem so preposterous to me. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. That's cool.
That's what the end of season review is. I don't think it's a disagreement that he should be fired for making poor decisions. The disagreement is with the idea that Maturi should do player evaluations and put some ultimatum on the coach's choice of a lineup during the season.

That's what the end of season review is. I don't think it's a disagreement that he should be fired for making poor decisions. The disagreement is with the idea that Maturi should do player evaluations and put some ultimatum on the coach's choice of a lineup during the season.

It goes beyond "choice of a lineup." It's bigger than that. And it has long-term ramifications.

Top Bottom