Is Brew Maryland's equipment manager?

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Today, Maryland unveiled new helmets and uniforms. With a total of - get this - 16 uniform combinations!

click here

I couldn't post the actual pics here - anyone with more technical proficiency?

scaled_php.jpg

Here ya go...I bet Tim might call these combos tremendous.

Ugly - but I do like that they incorporate the state flag.

When Iowa and Iowa St unveiled their trophy, I thought to myself, "I'm guessing it could be worse, but thank God that isn't us!"

I feel the same way when I saw the Terp unis.

I think the uniform that's second from the left would make the players look to fat and out of shape.

Those are some butt ugly uniforms. I thought it was bad when we had those ridiculous looking monstrosities during the Wacker era, but those are worse than any trend ever.

Ok, those are horrible. With one exception.. The white helmets. And even THOSE have an exception.. The ugly, out of place stripe. The black helmets don't look bad, but I hate BFBS (black for black sake) uniforms. I thought the turtle shell design on the white helmets is a nice touch.

I never understood the Edsall hire. I mean, he is a good coach, but I do not consider him an upgrade from Ralph Freidgen. UConn got blown out of the water in their bowl game against Oklahoma. UConn, last year, was just not as bad as other big east teams, but they were still bad. It will be interesting to see how he does at Maryland. I do not see him taking the program any farther then Freidgen did, but I could be wrong.

Paul Lukas posted this at Uniwatch, and I totally agree with him:

Design considerations aside — and the design is pretty brutal — when the coach begins his remarks at the unveiling event by parroting the uniform manufacturer’s slogan (yes, those were literally the first words out of his mouth), you’ve pretty much abandoned any pretense of this being anything other than a corporate masturbation session, a retailing showcase, and a sham.

But me, I don’t cover retailing showcases. I cover uniforms. As soon as Maryland unveils a football uniform, I’ll be glad to write about it. If they’re determined to serve as corporate mannequins for costumes being marketed to children, that’s certainly their prerogative, but I’m not particularly interested. Let’s move on.

Today, Maryland unveiled new helmets and uniforms. With a total of - get this - 16 uniform combinations!

Technically, wouldn't there be 32 combinations? (4 pants, 4 jerseys and 2 helmets) I prefer when teams focus on 1 home combo, 1 road combo, and 1 special/throwback combo used once a year for an important game. GO GOPHERS!

Do we have much right to talk? We opened a brand spanking new stadium wearing bright yellow.

Paul Lukas posted this at Uniwatch, and I totally agree with him:
Design considerations aside — and the design is pretty brutal — when the coach begins his remarks at the unveiling event by parroting the uniform manufacturer’s slogan (yes, those were literally the first words out of his mouth), you’ve pretty much abandoned any pretense of this being anything other than a corporate masturbation session, a retailing showcase, and a sham.

But me, I don’t cover retailing showcases. I cover uniforms. As soon as Maryland unveils a football uniform, I’ll be glad to write about it. If they’re determined to serve as corporate mannequins for costumes being marketed to children, that’s certainly their prerogative, but I’m not particularly interested. Let’s move on.

He has a good point, but I don't agree 100%. The guy who started up UnderArmor and is it's CEO/president(?) is a former Terp. This is simply a Terp designing and helping out his alma mater. Coach Esdall was stroking the UnderArmor slogan, which could be considered 'corporate masturbation', I saw it as a gesture towards said former Terp (again, who probably donates a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ton of money to Maryland).

Top Bottom