Is anyone worried...

StPaulHawkeye

Reaction score
... that the scariest part of the game might be the entire Gopher team racing over to Wisconsin's bench to be the first to grab the Axe?

That mob scene of players (and more than likely "field-rushers", dontchathink?) just might be the most dangerous part of Saturday's game, injury-wise.

Anyway, have fun at what will surely be a carnival-like atmosphere, cheer loud for your team, and watch out for chair legs. I hope Coach Brewster's squad gets a victory and the weather breaks for you fans in the stands.

I'll hoist a Summit IPA in your honor around 2:30 or so. :clap:

haha I have given this some thought. Injury wise I would be more worried about the field rushers jumping down and getting trampled. The other problem that may arise is the interaction between the field rushers, the gophers players and the wisconsin bench.

But than again we might be getting ahead of ourselves a bit, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

haha I have given this some thought. Injury wise I would be more worried about the field rushers jumping down and getting trampled. The other problem that may arise is the interaction between the field rushers, the gophers players and the wisconsin bench.

But than again we might be getting ahead of ourselves a bit, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

I'll take it

And god help me I will be one of those field rushers, I'm close enough to the student section that I don't think I'll be able to help myself.

I'll just have to try and not say anything too mean BB....Keep it simple 'Wisconsin Sucks.'

... that the scariest part of the game might be the entire Gopher team racing over to Wisconsin's bench to be the first to grab the Axe?

That mob scene of players (and more than likely "field-rushers", dontchathink?) just might be the most dangerous part of Saturday's game, injury-wise.

Anyway, have fun at what will surely be a carnival-like atmosphere, cheer loud for your team, and watch out for chair legs. I hope Coach Brewster's squad gets a victory and the weather breaks for you fans in the stands.

Does it have to be an IPA? Obviously Summit EPA is the way to go.

I watched Washington win against USC, and that was probably the most orderly storming of the field that I have ever seen. People weren't jumping the railings, the gates were opened, and people were using them. If the fans are determined to storm the field, there's nothing you can do to stop them, the most you can do is keep it orderly.

I'd like to see the fans storm the field if we win, if only just the students. Students are much more likely to initiate this, others will probably join them if the students go first.

I've been impressed with how quickly they have gotten the goal posts down after each game at the bank. They really are not taking chances with that.

Does it have to be an IPA? Obviously Summit EPA is the way to go.

EPA, IPA, Oktoberfest, Horizon Red Ale, Winter Ale (especially) are some of my all-time favorite beers! Granted, I'm not a big fan of the Hefe Weizen, Scandia, or Pilsener; so I'm not a complete Summit whore.

I do think, however, that it would be inappropriate to toast a Gopher win with a Leinenkugel, right?

You are going to rush the field if you beat an underdog at home? That is some serious respect.

You are going to rush the field if you beat an underdog at home? That is some serious respect.

Nothing to do with respect, clearly there isn't much over (MN) here for you (WI); more to do with rubbing it in your face if it happens, making it even more tough for those from WI to witness.

You know the saying, act like you have been there. But I guess over the last 14 years, you really haven't so it would be understandable.

C'mon GV, you're smarter than that. And I have spent enough time reading Buckyville this week to know that Badger fans are as amped up about this game as we are. It must be the stadium, because the rivalry feels different somehow. This is the first time that I have felt like we are holding up our end of the bargain. I think we are all hoping to look back a few years from now and point to this as the start of a new era.

You are going to rush the field following beating an unranked opponent? Nothing says your program is miserable then if this happens. I guess their will be riots in the streets of MSP if you guys make a January bowl game.

You are going to rush the field following beating an unranked opponent? Nothing says your program is miserable then if this happens. I guess their will be riots in the streets of MSP if you guys make a January bowl game.

You filled out the registration form, picked a moniker, hit submit, retrieved your email, clicked the link and all we get is that?

Try harder.

You filled out the registration form, picked a moniker, hit submit, retrieved your email, clicked the link and all we get is that?

Try harder.

Second post actually, I held out quite a few days for this one.

The best part Brandt is that you quoted StPaulHawkeye who is, as you obviously haven't figured out, not a gophers fan. He won't be storming the field Saturday, simply drinking a delicious local Summit of his choice when my team beats your team.

I will be storming the field not because its an upset or because we haven't won a national championship in 40 years. But because Wisconsin sucks and I want to rub it in the faces of you and all of your human lamp shade making cousins. And if I can I'm going to tell that fat headed coach of yours that his team sucks.

Second post actually, I held out quite a few days for this one.

Ahh yes, I forgot about that first post.....the one comparing each University academically. Wow! Groundbreaking work there. Unfortunately, this is a football forum....you should've posted that in the "dolts who pretend to care about academic rankings of universities" forum.

It's about Hate, not respect.

But in showing your hate, you're displaying respect to a "waning program" (according to numerous individuals on this board) because you deem defeating them worthy of a field rushing.

The hate is just because Wisconsin's dairy products are highly over rated.

Take that, America's Dairyland! :D

HATE?! I HAVE FILLED MY HEART WITH HATE!

But in showing your hate, you're displaying respect to a "waning program" (according to numerous individuals on this board) because you deem defeating them worthy of a field rushing.

rushing the field/court/etc. has become quite trite these days, don't act like its something held only for the most important of events, its not, and thats why we'll probably do it this Saturday

Hey Brandt

Wouldn't waste my time posting anymore because I, for one of many, won't even be reading anymore of your posts. Lurkers are a dime a dozen and very often not read.

Go Gophs!!

EPA, IPA, Oktoberfest, Horizon Red Ale, Winter Ale (especially) are some of my all-time favorite beers! Granted, I'm not a big fan of the Hefe Weizen, Scandia, or Pilsener; so I'm not a complete Summit whore.

I do think, however, that it would be inappropriate to toast a Gopher win with a Leinenkugel, right?

So true, so true.

I watched Washington win against USC, and that was probably the most orderly storming of the field that I have ever seen. People weren't jumping the railings, the gates were opened, and people were using them. If the fans are determined to storm the field, there's nothing you can do to stop them, the most you can do is keep it orderly.

There's a reason why the Washington storming was so orderly. For those of you who haven't been inside Husky Stadium, there is a moat between the bottom row of seats and the outside lane of the track. To cross that moat, you use several bridges at certain aisleways. Normally these are gated shut, but if large groups of people want to come into the field, the gates are opened. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• huskystadiummoat.JPG
    huskystadiummoat.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 22

There's a reason why the Washington storming was so orderly. For those of you who haven't been inside Husky Stadium, there is a moat between the bottom row of seats and the outside lane of the track. To cross that moat, you use several bridges at certain aisleways. Normally these are gated shut, but if large groups of people want to come into the field, the gates are opened. See the attached picture.

Dear god, they have a moat? Was this stadium built in 1265? Do they fill it and put alligators or sharks in?

Top Bottom