Irving to the end zone, can’t compete at MN

Why is that hard to believe in this case?

Why is it hard to believe that a player would rather play for Oregon than Minnesota?

Go back on here and read all the whining about the Gophers going to the Pinstripe Bowl. Before that they went to the Guaranteed Rate, Outback and Quick Lane Bowls.

While Oregon went to the Rose, Fiesta, Alamo and now the Holiday Bowl.

Even without the money to every Non-Gopher fan in the country the idea that any Offensive player would pick the Gophers over Oregon is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Why is it hard to believe that a player would rather play for Oregon than Minnesota?

Go back on here and read all the whining about the Gophers going to the Pinstripe Bowl. Before that they went to the Guaranteed Rate, Outback and Quick Lane Bowls.

Even without the money to every Non-Gopher fan in the country the idea that any Offensive player would pick the Gophers over Oregon is ludicrous.
Because it’s been widely reported that money was involved, so why are we trying to make up other reasons? He turned down offers from Michigan and Utah to come here, so sorry not buying the story that he wanted to play in better bowls.

Because it’s been widely reported that money was involved, so why are we trying to make up other reasons? He turned down offers from Michigan and Utah to come here..
It was one of them but you insist that it was the only reason. It was solely about money.

So how much under the table money did he get to turn down Utah and Michigan to come here?

It was one of them but you insist that it was the only reason. It was solely about money.

So how much under the table money did he get to turn down Utah and Michigan to come here?
I think it was the only reason that mattered. I don’t think he transfers if money isn’t involved. He didn’t take any money to turn down Michigan and Utah, exactly my point for why he isn’t here anymore.

If this argument held as you state it, then why even commit to Minnesota in the first place?

If Oregon doesn't offer the NIL money that they did, he doesn't transfer there.

Has it every been speculated on or verified as to how much was in the bags of cash Oregon agreed give him?

That Bucko BS annoyed the hell out of me when first heard about it and sure enough it really did bother the kid. Pure idiocy by the staff in letting that unforced error add one more reason for him to take the bags of cash.

Having said that, I get tired players yakking about moving "closer to home" and the importance of family. In this case, I saw a whole bunch of Bucky Irving supporters on the west sideline at Northwestern in 2021, and his family would have been to easily travel to places like Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, and other Big Ten schools to see him play. So much for all that.

Of course if the $$$ was as big as it may have been I guess I understand. This NIL stuff will destroy CFB as we know it.

Has it every been speculated on or verified as to how much was in the bags of cash Oregon agreed give him?

That Bucko BS annoyed the hell out of me when first heard about it and sure enough it really did bother the kid. Pure idiocy by the staff in letting that unforced error add one more reason for him to take the bags of cash.

Having said that, I get tired players yakking about moving "closer to home" and the importance of family. In this case, I saw a whole bunch of Bucky Irving supporters on the west sideline at Northwestern in 2021, and his family would have been to easily travel to places like Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, and other Big Ten schools to see him play. So much for all that.

Of course if the $$$ was as big as it may have been I guess I understand. This NIL stuff will destroy CFB as we know it.
If players having the ability to earn what they are worth destroys CFB, then perhaps it needed to be destroyed.

Hard to blame him for going there. Over a thousand yards rushing and 31 receptions this year. Not bad. Rumored money probably didn’t hurt.
As a true sophomore, Bucky led all runners at 10-3 Oregon with 1,058 yards (a 6.8 average!). he would have been the UM's top runner next year.

As a true sophomore, Bucky led all runners at 10-3 Oregon with 1,058 yards (a 6.8 average!). he would have been the UM's top runner next year.

He seems more suited for a wide open offense like what I recall Oregon to be. Definitely miss him. I wonder how the new guys will look like, Evans, Taylor, and the other I can’t recall off the top of my head.

Despite 30-40 years of losing players to teams with a must better history, path to the big bowls and getting better players, our new battle cry will be:

"It was all because of the money!"

;)
We’ve had our best players transfer to better programs for the last 30-40 years?

If this argument held as you state it, then why even commit to Minnesota in the first place?

If Oregon doesn't offer the NIL money that they did, he doesn't transfer there.

Response was to a post stated that money was the only reason for the transfer. Better program, more wide open offense, better chance to get to the post season etc. none of that matters.

Last edited:

When recruiting them. :rolleyes:
Those aren't our players.

I can't think of a single player who transferred from the U to another school that really hurt us prior to Bucko. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but we agree that essentially zero players have transferred away from the U prior to Bucko.

I wonder what the big difference is. . .

I havent seen a single verified source proving Irving got money to transfer.

Maybe he did, but there's no proof. And if he did, nobody is giving hundreds of thousands. I dont believe it. Where's that coming from?

The most likely reaaon he transferred is he wasnt going to play a major role once Ibrahim came back. No chance. Cant blame him.

Trying to run that game again huh?

Example 5 | Eye Rolling Robert Downey Jr. | Ecards funny, Funny faces ...

Response was to a post stated that money was the only reason for the transfer. Better program, more wide open offense, better chance to get to the post season etc. none of that matters.
I agree that those things are more than zero factors.

What I'm then asking is: if those things were so much of factors that he chose to transfer because of them ... then why come here in the first place?

I agree that those things are more than zero factors.

What I'm then asking is: if those things were so much of factors that he chose to transfer because of them ... then why come here in the first place?

You'll have to ask him.

Top Bottom