Iowa will be in must-win mode on Saturday

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
They are going to be like a wounded animal. A 2-2 start means a loss to the Gophers puts them at 2-3 going into a bye week, before they travel to Michigan State where a loss would seem likely. At 2-4, bowl eligibility becomes a big question mark when they still have to travel to play Purdue and Nebraska at Kinnick, and travel to Northwestern and Michigan.

Make no mistake, we will get their best shot on Saturday. I certainly hope we're ready to give them ours. I'm usually not one to make grandiose, overarching statements, but this could be a game that flips the fortunes of our programs for coming years.

I agree. But we better be in "must win" mode ourselves. Iowa, on paper, (arguably?) has to be our game on the remaining season schedule that gives us the best chance to win. Beat Iowa and we are one win from bowl eligibility, we have momentum to take on Northwestern. It is even bigger for the Gophers because we are moving up! This is our time!! Iowa belongs at the bottom. We need to keep our foot on their throat. Give them no hope. This game means a lot more to Minnesota!

if the squawks are like a wounded animal... I say put them out of their misery.

Top Bottom