Iowa v. Minnesota Game Time

FatNTired

Reaction score
Hello, Minnesota brethren. While I understand the actual game time will be announced Oct. 27, what are your thoughts regarding kickoff time for the Iowa-Minnesota game? Last year's 2:30 start was opportune for my 1.5 hour drive to Minneapolis and allowed for us to leave Saturday morning. Assuming both teams enter the weekend with one or two losses, it's hard to think kickoff would be any time other than 2:30, right? Just trying to make plans and I thought I'd ask my fellow statesmen.

Good luck this weekend v. Purdon't.

With a 3 and a half hour drive myself I can only hope that it is a 2:30 game.

More time for tailgating and getting more booze in me to get rowdy. It's my best friends bachelor party!

Driving up from Des Moines area on Friday afternoon and bringing a Cyclone/Gopher fan with me. I think about this game every day, I cannot wait.
PS.

This will be my 15th Iowa v. Minnesota game I've attended in a row.

Normally I'd always want the Goph's to avoid the noon (11 Central) slot at home, but in this case I wonder if getting the early slot would be better to keep a few more Iowans away. I went to the MN-Iowa game last year, again in the early time slot, and was surprised at how few Iowa fans were there and what little impact they had (though obviously we played awful and lost).

Looks like MSU-OSU already is scheduled for the 8 pm EST slot that day. In addition to MN-Iowa, the remaining 3 games are Michigan @ NW, Penn State @ Indiana, and Wisconsin @ Purdue. Not sure ... do they schedule 2 at noon and 2 at 3:30? Or are 3 at noon?

Selfishly rooting for 11 AM. Deer hunting opener is the one week-end when 11 is preferred.

I think the game will be at 2:30 or maybe 11:00.

Normally I'd always want the Goph's to avoid the noon (11 Central) slot at home, but in this case I wonder if getting the early slot would be better to keep a few more Iowans away. I went to the MN-Iowa game last year, again in the early time slot, and was surprised at how few Iowa fans were there and what little impact they had (though obviously we played awful and lost).

The Iowa game last year was at 2:30.

Normally I'd always want the Goph's to avoid the noon (11 Central) slot at home, but in this case I wonder if getting the early slot would be better to keep a few more Iowans away.

Nah, they'll make the drive no matter what time it is. What else do they have to do?

Hoping for that 11:00 start, since I have a wedding to attend at 5:00. But given the other fixtures in the big ten that weekend, the 2:30 seems likely.

Making the trip from Las Vegas for the Iowa game, first time to TCF suggestion on best section to sit in? Also pregame activities? As any of you know that made the trip to the UNLV game the game day atmosphere here is lacking.... So all suggestions welcome!

Making the trip from Las Vegas for the Iowa game, first time to TCF suggestion on best section to sit in? Also pregame activities? As any of you know that made the trip to the UNLV game the game day atmosphere here is lacking.... So all suggestions welcome!

It's supposed to be Sunny & 52 degrees. A little windy (assuming from the NW. I would sit in sections 107-114 or 207-214. That way you'll be warm and pretty much wind free. Plus you can see Jerry. He's great to watch - working the officials and sizing up Purdue's scheme.

I going to take a guess and predict the kickoff at 11 am, i thinking Michigan and Northwestern get the 2:30 pm ABC game that day.

I'm gonna go with 2:30 because there aren't many interesting games that day outside of the night game between MSU and OSU. We'll see how interesting NW vs Michigan is compare to what could be two one loss teams meeting for a division lead.

I don't caare what time the game is, as long as our guys are ready. That and my supplies of bloody mary's and beer are ready. Oh, I gotta eat...so all beef hotdogs and fries, all made at home.

Hoping for that 11:00 start, since I have a wedding to attend at 5:00. But given the other fixtures in the big ten that weekend, the 2:30 seems likely.

Even if it is a 2:30 start youll be ready to leave by 3:30 after the hawks deflate this false bubble.

Even if it is a 2:30 start youll be ready to leave by 3:30 after the hawks deflate this false bubble.

Ya, excuse us for not being afraid of a team that lost to Iowa State.

I've never been so happy to black out. That game literally didn't happen in my mind. And for that I'm thankful.

Typical Iowa fan response, only remember what they want to. That's why they think they will win the B1G every year.

that's rich .... ha ha...you might want to reconsider which team has the false bubble.
And oh by the way, the State of Minnesota is a great place to live isn't it?

If the Gophers are 7-1 for that game, The Bank will be an absolute zoo and it won't matter where you sit. And as far as sightlines are concerned, it truly doesn't matter where you are.

One thing I've noticed though - the folks in the expensive seats are kind of sedate and don't appreciate a lot of yelling. If you plan to do any cheering, try to be in the front row of whatever section you choose, and know that the end zones are particularly raucous.

I sat in section 103 for SJSU game last year and really enjoyed it, it was a 30 something crowd that was really into the game.

Top Bottom