Iowa Tampering Death Penalty Incoming!

6 game suspension for Ferentz would seem appropriate being the kid is now at Iowa.
We all know that's the tip of the iceberg.

For the people who think Iowa will receive the Death Penalty say Hi to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny & Big Foot.

I can’t believe they only texted him once. And the one time they did, it was in compassion for a tough football game loss.
It doesn’t mean it isn’t true, but if allowed I suspect we would see a lot of “compassion” going on…

The stupidity of tampering is such a non-issue in 2024 and the NCAA needs to realize it. Players and coaches through social media and DM have built relationships and have access to communication like no time before. I can only hope that our staff stays in contact with kids they build connections with for support and even "Tamper" if needed.

The fact that Iowa even needs to report something so stupid is ridiculous.

The stupidity of tampering is such a non-issue in 2024 and the NCAA needs to realize it. Players and coaches through social media and DM have built relationships and have access to communication like no time before. I can only hope that our staff stays in contact with kids they build connections with for support and even "Tamper" if needed.

I agree…. but you can bet that if Alabama was picking up their players and in contact… Iowa would not be happy / would report them.

It’s not an ncaa thing either.

Last edited:

Yeah, pretty much.

Though it sucks when/if used against us.

We need player contracts. I think you should only be allowed to officially practice, train, and play for the college team you sign with out of high school, for either the first two or three calendar years immediately after your senior high school season (so optionally includes an early enrollee winter & spring). Would prefer three but would take two.

You can always leave earlier. No one can physically force you to stay. But you can’t practice with or do S&C with a new school until the contract period is over.

Pro sports leagues have rules against tampering. It's certainly not viewed as fair play. But the NCAA is more than ever the league of not-fair-play.

Pro sports leagues have rules against tampering. It's certainly not viewed as fair play. But the NCAA is more than ever the league of not-fair-play.
The NFL is 32 teams and there are 834 College football teams and 254 D1 programs. One has a strict calendar and one doesn't. One is represented by a union and agents.

The NFL should probably stop allowing teams to shake hands visit before and after games, it could be tampering.

So these improper contact cases should all be dealt with the same way, which is what happened to Ky Thomas. You contact while they are member of another team, they are prohibited from playing football for your university ever again. Easy Peasey

The NFL is 32 teams and there are 834 College football teams and 254 D1 programs. One has a strict calendar and one doesn't. One is represented by a union and agents.

The NFL should probably stop allowing teams to shake hands visit before and after games, it could be tampering.
Yeah, why have any rules at all???

Yeah, why have any rules at all???
Have rules but come up with enforceable rules that the schools are on board with. NCAA sits in the back watching this all blow up and then thinks they're cute when they leak out an investigation. Stop the investigating and get the enforceable for rules in place.

There is a whole line of thing that need to be fixed.
NIL
Portal
Pay for players
Coaching salaries
Coaching roster limits
Analyst regulations
Poaching for lateral moves in coaching
Recruiting Calendar
Waivers
Gambling
Academics
Tiers of Play
Revenue Sharing
Player Safety and wellbeing

Good Luck

So these improper contact cases should all be dealt with the same way, which is what happened to Ky Thomas. You contact while they are member of another team, they are prohibited from playing football for your university ever again. Easy Peasey
Think there needs to be some consideration of the contact itself but agree that anything rising to the level of trying to poach a player absolutely should lead to them not being eligible to play for your school.

In this case....if it really is just the one message that was reported this to me is not tampering. As others have pointed out, coaches and players develop relationships and in this current day and age we are all easily connected through social media and other simple forms of communication.

Sending a player a "keep your head up" message is a nothingburger. Sending him a message saying he would look really good in black and yellow next year when he isn't in the portal would be a different story.

For the people who think Iowa will receive the Death Penalty say Hi to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny & Big Foot.
Come on man.....nobody actually believes Iowa is going to get the Dealth Penalty or even any sort of real punishment at all.....

I know humor is tough for some people to pick up on but holy crap this one is clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Yeah, pretty much.

Though it sucks when/if used against us.

We need player contracts. I think you should only be allowed to officially practice, train, and play for the college team you sign with out of high school, for either the first two or three calendar years immediately after your senior high school season (so optionally includes an early enrollee winter & spring). Would prefer three but would take two.

You can always leave earlier. No one can physically force you to stay. But you can’t practice with or do S&C with a new school until the contract period is over.
l think something that requires a student/athlete to stay two calendar years/seasons or have to sit out a year after transferring (I'll let people smarter than me figure out the details) makes sense. Maybe allow a sixth-year to play four. I think they also have to look at the grad transfer piece. Maybe allow it for guys moving up a division or players below a certain level of previous game participation.

They NCAA should concern itself with how the QB at Georgia can afford a lamborghini at a cool $275,000. What Iowa did a really doesn’t amount to a hill of beans as the farmer would say.

Top Bottom