Iowa Struggling with SDState - Halftime

And Nate Wolters is going off too. Went to st Cloud tech if I'm not mistaken

The game is on the Big Ten Network right now. Not the website, the TV channel.

I picked Iowa to be last in the Big Ten this year. FWIW, they were without Gatens today - they probably win this game with Gatens, who should be back in about a week, but nonetheless a bad loss for Iowa and the Big Ten. Iowa had a lot of turnovers - 18, and they were bad turnovers. I watched the whole game, and Iowa was a lot more fun to watch than they were under Lickliter - hopefully McCaff is able to build something there.

Watched Wisconsin beat Prarie View AM 99-54
Leuer and Taylor were excellent. Gasser and Bruesewitz were also big contributors. Wisconsin shot a lot of threes (31). They had 4" height advantage at almost every position but still shot 3's. They did crash the boards after every miss. So if Leuer and Nankavil go out to shoot threes can Ralph and Colton stay with them? Mostly worried about who guards Leuer (I think DJ took him for the most part last year).
At half time Dickie Simpkins gave his top 6 for the Big Ten
MSU
OSU
Ill
Purdue
Wisconsin
Northwestern

Notice which team is missing? No mention of Minnesota at all (come on Tubby - time to break out the RESPECT Tee shirts).

I watched the whole game, and Iowa was a lot more fun to watch than they were under Lickliter.

More fun but instead of losing 53 - 43 we'll lose 95 - 85.
Looks like it's going to be a long, long rebuild.

Watched Wisconsin beat Prarie View AM 99-54
Leuer and Taylor were excellent. Gasser and Bruesewitz were also big contributors. Wisconsin shot a lot of threes (31). They had 4" height advantage at almost every position but still shot 3's. They did crash the boards after every miss. So if Leuer and Nankavil go out to shoot threes can Ralph and Colton stay with them? Mostly worried about who guards Leuer (I think DJ took him for the most part last year).
At half time Dickie Simpkins gave his top 6 for the Big Ten
MSU
OSU
Ill
Purdue
Wisconsin
Northwestern

Notice which team is missing? No mention of Minnesota at all (come on Tubby - time to break out the RESPECT Tee shirts).

Northwestern?? Didn't their best player quit basketball (Coble)? I've never been too impressed with Simpkins' opinions.

The Gophers will host the Jackrabbits on December 23. The Jackrabbits are relatively young but talented.

In the game Sunday at Iowa (SDSU 79, Iowa 69), SDSU held a slim lead most of the way but slowly pulled away in the end. I think the game may have been a little closer with Gatens but SDSU would still win. Iowa looks like a bunch of parts but somebody lost the assembly manual.

I think the Gopher fans will see a pretty good game on December 23.

Nate Wolters is a legitimate B10 player and would have looked really nice in a gopher uni with his PG ability and driving ability all at 6'4'' but the gophers will crush SDSU

Top Bottom