Iowa State gives Hoiberg an 8-year extension

ESPN said:
Hoiberg, who grew up in Ames and earned the nickname "The Mayor" for his exploits playing for the Cyclones in the mid-90s, will nearly double his annual salary of roughly $800,000.

Might call it early to mid-90s (1991-92 was his first year), but anyway... for those interested in what the salary currently was, he was making $900,000 in this, the start of his third year. $550k deemed to be 'supplemental' type income, and $250k base salary for year 1... with $50k increases in years 2 through 5 (i.e., currently making $350k base + $550k supplemental).

The incentives in his previous contract stunk. $25k for making the NCAA tourney and $25k for each win in the tourney.

Looks like a good move for all parties. So far, so good... and they've got some good players there this coming year.

Things are looking strong at Fred's Home for Wayward Boys.

Fred will be a good recruiter. Every team that wants to be solid may need a problem child or two.

Fred will be a good recruiter. Every team that wants to be solid may need a problem child or two.

Kind of like if GopherHole wants to be solid, we need a problem child or two. :)

Things are looking strong at Fred's Home for Wayward Boys.

ha! i was going to post something similar, but you put it nicely here. how many transfer players and problem-children will it be for "father" hoiberg by then? i am going to say between 20 to 30 if he makes it through his whole contract extension.

Top Bottom