Iowa Squawks Post-Game Thoughts 2/1

bleedsmaroonandgold said:
I have been a pretty big critic of Ralph on these boards, but that is a little bit harsh. I know the average Gopherholer has an attention span of about 30 seconds, but early in the game, when we were down 15-3, and everyone was hanging their heads, Ralph was then one slapping guys on the chest trying to fire them up. In the early going he was the only one hustling around on offense to create anything and he had some key blocks to bail out some lazy defensive work by his teammates.

+1

gopherinpain said:
Do not count on it. There are plenty of gopher fans that are content with this bottom half B10 team every year. They will spout out plenty of excuses (transfers, practice facility, injuries...etc). Just read some of the posts tonight after we lost twice to a below .500 finishing team that lost to CAMPBELL and Nebraska at home.

So what will you be saying if they win at Nebraska and then beat Wisconsin at home?

So what will you be saying if they win at Nebraska and then beat Wisconsin at home?

If.... Nebraska is bad so they "could" win that one, but they also beat the team we just lost to twice. Wisconsin has figured it out and looks tough right now. They just beat Purdue on the road which is by far a tougher venue than Williams arena. Year 5 and we hoping for victories instead of expecting them.

Thoughts on the no-call block/charge at the end of the game for Marble? Seemed like Marble did a pretty decent job of trying to avoid EE, but he still ran into him when he was set. I don't know, maybe it's just not realistic to expect a call at that point in the game, or maybe I was just too caught up in my anger at that moment.

Thoughts on the no-call block/charge at the end of the game for Marble? Seemed like Marble did a pretty decent job of trying to avoid EE, but he still ran into him when he was set. I don't know, maybe it's just not realistic to expect a call at that point in the game, or maybe I was just too caught up in my anger at that moment.

Thought no call was the right call. I was disappointed with the officiating (especially in the second half), but it's tough to be too worked up over officials when the team plays like they did.

Top Bottom