Iowa Rollcall

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
My wife and I will be at Saturday's game - sitting in the home team area :-(

I think this will be our 7th straight year of going down there for the game. While it is disappointing to have seen so many losses at Kinnick, I do think the Gophers have been playing the Hawkeyes better in the last few trips. 2019 was a 4-point loss, 2017 a 7-point loss and 2015 a 5-point loss. So we haven't gone down there and gotten embarrassed.

Who else is headed down?

Debating it right now if I can find a reasonable ticket. What sections are people sitting in?

Probably wrong place to share. I have 2 tickets available. Unable to make it now. Purchased through U of MN Ticket Office. Hard tickets, not digital.

Just be sure to speed thru Cedar Rapids. Someone said you won't need to pay the ticket.

I, and 5 others, will be seated high up in Section 102. Can't wait for the game!

Last edited:

Sitting second row 102 with a Hawk friend. I've been to every game in Kinnick since 2001. Haven't seen a win yet. LFG!

Negative for me. Was there in 2001...worst experience ever as the fans were calling my wife (then fiancee) names as we walked thru the lot towards the stadium. She vowed never to go back. Was there in 2009 and 2012 with a buddy of mine who is an Iowa fan (don't judge me).

Maybe I'll go back again someday but just hasn't been one of the more enjoyable destinations.

Will be there with three others. Where do you all park and can you leave the lot after the game in less than three hours?

I believe it should be "I" not Me and...
So says the Grouchy Grammarian.
Ahem... I uh... I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. I totally used "I," and not "me."

I know my previous comment now has "edited" under it, but trust me I didn't change anything...

I write for a living and would have said "Myself and 5 others..."

What say ye Grouchy Grammarian?

Have not checked Professor Google on this one...at least yet. Also have not checked "Elements of Style," but have one upstairs in bookcases somewhere...

BTW great Angry Gopher avatar Juxster. Have a plastic juice pitcher with the same logo on it...gold with a maroon Angry Goldy on it. Definitely a prize possession.

I write for a living and would have said "Myself and 5 others..."

What say ye Grouchy Grammarian?

Have not checked Professor Google on this one...at least yet. Also have not checked "Elements of Style," but have one upstairs in bookcases somewhere...

BTW great Angry Gopher avatar Juxster. Have a plastic juice pitcher with the same logo on it...gold with a maroon Angry Goldy on it. Definitely a prize possession.
Myself is a bit more elegant than I, but as correct.

Will be there with three others. Where do you all park and can you leave the lot after the game in less than three hours?
What time are you arriving? The Hancher lot is free and you won’t wait 3 hours to leave. I’m unaware of any parking lot that would take 3 hours to leave.

Will be there, wouldn't miss it! IC is always a blast regardless of the outcome.

Will be my 7th Floyd game at Kinnick (05, 09, 12, 15, 17, 19). Needless to say, hoping we can finally pull one out down there...

I'll be there with 3 others. I think this will be my fourth or fifth trip down there. I've always had a blast down in IC. Let's bring Floyd home!

Make plans to rush to field after the game. For those who haven't be there, you can just walk on the field from the stands. (Can't pull down the goalposts. They are taken down right after the game.)

Last edited:

What time are you arriving? The Hancher lot is free and you won’t wait 3 hours to leave. I’m unaware of any parking lot that would take 3 hours to leave.
where is that and do you have an address?

where is that and do you have an address?
Here's the gameday parking page: https://hawkeyesports.com/footballparking/.

The physical address is 141 Park Rd, Iowa City, IA 52242. I have never tailgated at the state fairgrounds, but imagine similarities as a shuttle runs to the stadium. It's about a 25 minute walk if you prefer to enjoy a beverage and hoof it. I park there a few times a year and it's a decent tailgate with easy access to I-80 following the game.

I was there in 99 and 2005. One of my buddy's grandpas last trip to Kinnick was 2005. We had a great opening drive by Maroney then a fumble at the goal line. Whole play seemed to turn on that drive in 05. Both times were a lot of fun, did get a lot of insults from drunk Iowa fans but outside of that a lot of fun. I will have to make an effort once pandemic is over to go again.

God bless all of you for going to the game! Don't forget to check for lice upon your return.

My sincere thanks to those of you going. I've been multiple times, including in 2019, and Kinnick is by far my least favorite stadium to visit. Iowa fans are insufferable, the stadium is a relic, the seating is so tight you literally have to all be standing and turned towards the action rather than shoulder to shoulder to fit everyone. I had thoughts of going after the NW win -- and even checked ticket prices -- but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger after last Saturday. Really appreciate those of you stepping up and attending.

I was there in 99 and 2005. One of my buddy's grandpas last trip to Kinnick was 2005. We had a great opening drive by Maroney then a fumble at the goal line. Whole play seemed to turn on that drive in 05. Both times were a lot of fun, did get a lot of insults from drunk Iowa fans but outside of that a lot of fun. I will have to make an effort once pandemic is over to go again.
I was there in 99 too. Great win. Put the Gophers at 8-3. Lots of empty seats, Iowa fans not as loyal as they say. I walked on the field after the game (so you could say I rushed the field after the game:ROFLMAO:) and met relatives who are Hawkeye fans. Yes, I admit I am related to many Hawkeyes.

Last edited:

My sincere thanks to those of you going. I've been multiple times, including in 2019, and Kinnick is by far my least favorite stadium to visit. Iowa fans are insufferable, the stadium is a relic, the seating is so tight you literally have to all be standing and turned towards the action rather than shoulder to shoulder to fit everyone. I had thoughts of going after the NW win -- and even checked ticket prices -- but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger after last Saturday. Really appreciate those of you stepping up and attending.

I went down there in 2019 would have not been able to stay away this year, but last week took all the life out of me regarding driving 5 hours through nothing.

Last time I sat in the new north end zone section, lower level. The north end zone is the only place I'd consider in the future unless looking to be in the visitor sections just to the left. The south section from the 2005 or so renovation has a flatter angle, with a more distant view of the action. The video boards at Kinnick are crap compared to ours, so if you are used to checking the screen before the snap to see the alignments better or get a better angle, forget it.

The key to comfort and decent, nearby restrooms at Kinnick Stadium is to sit in the end zone sections as both are relatively new and have more leg room, seat room, and as I noted modern restrooms, closer by your seats. The newest North section is pretty great. The rest of Kinnick is fine if you stand for the whole game and wear double depends under your trousers, and drop by the next door at the UI Hospitals for a pre-game bowel power flush treatment/ catheter insertion before you walk in.

Last edited:

I was there in 99 too. Great win. Put the Gophers at 8-3. Lots of empty seats, Iowa fans not as loyal as they say. I walked on the field after the game (so you could say I rushed the field after the game:ROFLMAO:) and met relatives who are Hawkeye fans. Yes, I admit I am related to many Hawkeyes.
We had the Bowl bound pins from the Alumni association, we all in our group made it on the field in 99 too, after the game. Do you remember the Gopher fans were all kind of packed in the corner that game. Arland Bruce III had that huge play on that tunnel screen and now his kid plays at Iowa, which is sad. Sean Hoffman knocking that pass away on 4th and goal what a memory. Gophers left all that they had on the field that day and Iowa played really hard. Do you remember the Gopher fan that was wearing nothing but Tupperware for clothes, that guy was hilarious, he was the who hates Iowa guy and cracking jokes at Iowa fans before and during tge game. He was letting every Iowa fan know tge Gophers are winning that day no matter what. He was pretty blitzed. Weather was fantastic that day. Coach Mason was really grinning Glen after that game. That was a great day! Here is hoping for a great day and another Golden Gopher victory on 11/13/21 for all Gopher fans at Kinnick. Bring that Rouser and chant M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, they, Iowa hate this.

Last edited:

Yes! I was sitting in the corner section too. I think we had more fans in that section than Iowa fans in student section. We can maybe claim that.

I remember the Sean Hoffman play at the end. It was right in front of us. It still was a tough game that came down to the end even though Iowa was like 1-10 that year. I didn't see the Tupperware guy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom