Iowa replacing a lot on defense, offense

swingman

Reaction score
That Iowa defensive line from 2019 sent Espenesa and Lattimore to the NFL, Reiff also gone. Espenesa one of best games I ever saw against Gophs last year.

Linebacker: Welch went to NFL, Colbert opted out (he had 23 starts in previous two years; had 50 tackles last year); expected starter Doyle transferred to Baylor and is starting there...

Safety Geno Stone to NFL, cornerback Ojemudia to NFL...

On offense QB Nate Stanley to NFL, olineman Wirfs to NFL, TE Wieting got some NFL interest, olineman Paulsen done, fullback done.

Lot of inexperienced and young guys in the Black and Gold.

brought in an Aussie punter like we did.

Little hiccup for Iowa so far. Season not done yet so wouldn't put much stock in their current record. We've got some of the same issues and hope at the same time.

For sure. It is always going to take teams dealing with inexperience and youth a few games to get settled (MN and IA included). And, with no non-con schedule, harder this year.

With Wisconsin having no wiggle room, the winner tomorrow night has legitimate chance at Indianapolis.

Last edited:

I think this group of LBs are going to be better than last year’s group when all is said and done. Losing Epenesa on the DL has been an adjustment though. Same with Wirfs on the other side of the ball.

Iowa is facing the same thing we are with players from last year not being on the team this year—not sure I understand

IA has had a very disrupted year.
Multiple former Black players accused the program of racism.
The S&C coach of rhabdomyolysis infamy was fired because of the above complaints.
I believe some players have filed a suit against the program.
Multiple players have fled to the portal transfer exit.
It is a demoralized team and could be MN's revenge for missing the Rose Bowl last year.

Top Bottom