Iowa QB to transfer

swingman

Reaction score
Peyton Mansell, who was #2 QB at Iowa in 2018 and #3 this year, is in transfer portal.

With Stanley graduating, they will have two scholarship QBs in Spring. Spencer Petras projected as QB 1...have a fershman QB coming in Summer.

Sounds like he fell behind the next man up and wants to play. Understandable.

Are you saying this as in Iowa might draw a transfer QB from us?? Or why are you reporting this?

Are you saying this as in Iowa might draw a transfer QB from us?? Or why are you reporting this?

Doesn't have to have anything to do with us. Swingman posts updates like these all the time from around the conference.

Sounds like he fell behind the next man up and wants to play. Understandable.

Can understand it some from the backups standpoint, puts Iowa in a tough spot though at the QB position (not that any of us will feel bad for them). Turning to an unproven new starter (very limited game action over past 2 years) with a true freshman behind him is less than ideal.

Glad we have them early in the season next year.

I'm sure the players have access to what is going on in the nation as to players transferring. It was news to us and so it was reported. Can't imagine this board or any board for that matter being the source of information for the players.

Last edited:

Of course we want to learn about information like this, and thank you for posting. QB is the most important position on the field and Iowa is one of our biggest rivals and any analysis of how their QB room is shaping up for next season is interesting to me, thx.

Petras was a long term verbal to Oregon State and flipped late in the fallout from the Gary Andersen "resignation." He is a top end prospect who broke Jared Goff's HS passing records in CA. When I saw the headline I was really hoping he was the QB transferring. Iowa will have an inexperienced QB next year, but a extremely talented one.

My Iowa friends think the guy coming in is the next Chuck Long. WHO HATE IOWA!!!

Peyton Mansell, who was #2 QB at Iowa in 2018 and #3 this year, is in transfer portal.

With Stanley graduating, they will have two scholarship QBs in Spring. Spencer Petras projected as QB 1...have a fershman QB coming in Summer.

I think Iowa has 3 very highly rated QB’s on their roster—4 stars. They will have all that they needat QB!

I think Iowa has 3 very highly rated QB’s on their roster—4 stars. They will have all that they needat QB!
Umm Petras is all they have at this point, he is a high 3 star. Padilla is a low 3 star. And Hogan is a high 3 star.

Petras was a long term verbal to Oregon State and flipped late in the fallout from the Gary Andersen "resignation." He is a top end prospect who broke Jared Goff's HS passing records in CA. When I saw the headline I was really hoping he was the QB transferring. Iowa will have an inexperienced QB next year, but a extremely talented one.

Not saying he isn't an extremely talented QB, but his offer list and rating don't exactly suggest he's a sure fire talent.

...and no one was bragging about Tanner Morgan until he proved himself on the field.
Bragging? I don't think beavergopher was being excessively proud about a kid who went to the same high school as Jared Goff and broke his passing records. He's a 6-5 pocket passer, as well. On paper, sounds like a high ceiling. Will be interesting if he does indeed win the job and how he does next season. Iowa's RB certainly gave our defense all they could handle in Iowa City this year. Not sure what they return for receiver talent or OL.

Neither did Tanner Morgan’s
survivorship_bias.png

I did not claim Tanner Morgan proves that Spencer Petras will succeed at Iowa.

Top Bottom