Iowa over Wisconsin. Wow.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
At Wisconsin. Marble and White looked fantastic. Conference is wide open.

HUGE loss for Wisconsin

Or a HUGE win for Iowa. Either way - HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!

Great game

Iowa at the Barn doesn't look so automatic now.
Just goes to show that, if you don't shoot well, you can get taken out by anyone.

goldenboy said:
Iowa at the Barn doesn't look so automatic now.
Just goes to show that, if you don't shoot well, you can get taken out by anyone.

Neither does Minnesota at UW. Should be lots of good games this year!

I like the Idea...

of playing Iowa after they have a huge win. Wiscy was what...about 2 for 30 from three? Wow.

And thus begins the downfall of Wisconsin athletics into the new year?

Iowa almost choked away a 12 point lead too.

It wasn't just Wisconsin struggling to hit 3s, although that was a big factor - their defense let Iowa's guards get way too much penetration. They couldn't keep Marquette from taking them off the bounce, either, so it's safe to say their defense isn't as good as the tempo free stats made it out to be to this point.

And a HUGELY entertaining game to watch, particularly with a room full of Badger alums. Badda bing badda boom!!

Typical preseason rankings hype. Wisconsin and Marquette ranked high then You have to play the conference. Marquette was blown out by Vandy at home as well. Most of the big ten games will be a dog fight. I am sure USC football will be ranked in the top 5 preseason next year. Means nothing.

Typical preseason rankings hype. Wisconsin and Marquette ranked high then You have to play the conference. Marquette was blown out by Vandy at home as well. Most of the big ten games will be a dog fight. I am sure USC football will be ranked in the top 5 preseason next year. Means nothing.

Uhh, Marquette hasn't played a conference game yet. Further, Vandy was ranked 7th in the nation at the start of the season -- MU in the 20's. Maybe the preseason rankings were correct. Bad example.

Live and die by the 3-pointer. It can help you beat just about anyone but can also cause you to lose to just about anyone. They shot over 50% in 2-point shots. Should have stop shooting from the outside once they built two houses with all those bricks.

Live and die by the 3-pointer. It can help you beat just about anyone but can also cause you to lose to just about anyone. They shot over 50% in 2-point shots. Should have stop shooting from the outside once they built two houses with all those bricks.

Well, that's the problem for Wisconsin, that they rely so heavily on the 3. They don't have Leuer to go to anymore & nobody's really stepping up as a scorer to replace him.

Could this be the beginning of the end of Wisconsin's streak of top-4 finishes?

Iowa almost choked away a 12 point lead too.

I was convinced that once Basabe got T'd up, that Wisky would somehow find a way to come back. Thank god Iowa didn't fold like I was expecting them to. I'm really looking forward to the season progressing.

Wow. Iowa beating Wiscy anyplace is stunning much less playing 8-on-5 at the Kohl Center. I assume in addition to poor shooting, Bo's friends did not hold up their end of the bargain today. I wouldn't want to be them.

And thus begins the downfall of Wisconsin athletics into the new year?

I've been calling this for weeks. Once the whole Braun/PED story broke, I called a swoon for WI sports. Look what's happened: Braun issue, Fielder leaving, Jennings injury, Packers/Chiefs, Chryst splits for Pitt, Wisconsin basketball looks overrated. A look to the future: Pack bounced by the Saints in playoffs, Oregon outguns WI in Rose Bowl, Bucks stink, and Bo won't sniff the Top 10/15 again.

Minnesota sports are still recovering from that Favre pick in the NFC title. Braun's PED test was the Wisconsin equivalent of that interception. And that stink will hover over that lousy state for a while.

I've been calling this for weeks. Once the whole Braun/PED story broke, I called a swoon for WI sports. Look what's happened: Braun issue, Fielder leaving, Jennings injury, Packers/Chiefs, Chryst splits for Pitt, Wisconsin basketball looks overrated. A look to the future: Pack bounced by the Saints in playoffs, Oregon outguns WI in Rose Bowl, Bucks stink, and Bo won't sniff the Top 10/15 again.

Minnesota sports are still recovering from that Favre pick in the NFC title. Braun's PED test was the Wisconsin equivalent of that interception. And that stink will hover over that lousy state for a while.
Garnet trade also hurt MN sports IMO

Back to reality

Let's face it. I've said it before on here. Wisky feasted on the Big Ten during one of the worst decades in the history of the conference. During a huge majority of their success;

Michigan - horrible, particularly under Amaker
Iowa - horrible, with and without Alford
Minny - Spent most of 2000's recovering from the academic fallout
Indiana - abysmal (by Indiana standards, at the very least) for most of the 2000's.

Even Purdue and Illinois had stretches of subpar basketball during that time. Recruiting was much easier against Amaker, Alford, Monson, and Mike "We're the 4th seed!!!!" Davis than it has been against Crean, Belein, and Tubby.

They are a strong mid-major right now; slow, white and unathletic; take the air out of the ball; slow down the game; protect the ball; and bomb away from 3-land. When you're making them, you can compete with almost anybody; when they're not falling, you can lose anywhere anytime.

They'll still be tough this year, mostly because Jordan Taylor is just really really good. They're always going to win their share of games because they take care of the ball, which translates into more possessions per game than their opponent, and obviously there will be nights when a lot of those 3's are falling. Hard to see them doing much after this year? I guess that's anyone's guess....

Packers may not win the Super Bowl this year, but they are going to be elite for the foreseeable future. Ted Thompson is a god amongst men when it comes to NFL GMs. Brewers are probably on a down swing but everyone knew that was coming after this year. Bucks are tragically stuck in no man's land in the NBA, always gunning for the #8 seed and thus never getting good lottery picks to rebuild. Not to mention the NBA has become a joke of a league with Star Players running the show. It would be nice if the Badgers were about to go on a bit of a down swing, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Chryst leaving probably won't be that devastating and Bo will probably find a way to finish top 3 or 4 despite that horrific loss today. Hopefully Kill has Gopher football on the right track.

Top Bottom