Iowa opens as 12.5 point favorite

For the record we've beaten 2 current top 30 teams on the road this year (Wisc and NU). No other top 25 team has done that to date.
Yes, the schedule is favorable. But the BT set it up. All we can do is play the games.
You control your non con games, well except for ISU I assume the somebody in the state makes you guys play them

For the record we've beaten 2 current top 30 teams on the road this year (Wisc and NU). No other top 25 team has done that to date.

Sorry, I didn't specify in my post. I was using the same sagarin rankings you used for the strength of schedule. Northwestern is rated #42 in that.

Yes, the schedule is favorable. But the BT set it up. All we can do is play the games.

I don't disagree.

Through Monday 75% of the money in Vegas is on Minnesota.

SoMplsHawkI: What is the most supported sports team in Iowa?

I'm going with the schedule as a major contributor as well.

Schedule was easier last year when Iowa had Iowa State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Nebraska at home. All those were road games this year.

Schedule was easier last year when Iowa had Iowa State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Nebraska at home. All those were road games this year.

Northwestern is never a road game to any team within 500 miles...

Your team is doing well. You don't have the easiest schedule in the Nation, but could not have been helped out more with your crossover games. The Gophers will benefit from the same next year, but it certainly is playing a role in your success this year. I get you can only play who is on your schedule, but let's be realistic about it. Would you be 9-0 had you played TCU, Michigan, and tOSU?

Would you be 9-0 had you played TCU, Michigan, and tOSU?

Who knows? We could play this old game:
The Gophers played those 3 teams very tough and had chances to win those games. Minnesota also took one on the chin vs Northwestern and Iowa dominated the Wildcats in every facet of the game in Evanston.
It's a slippery little transitive game to play. That said, I expect the Gophers to come out swinging on Saturday and to give Iowa everything (or more) than they can handle.

Top Bottom