Iowa/MSU game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This is a heck of a finish here with huge implications.

Michigan State just scored to take the lead after a great hook and ladder two players prior.

This would be a massive win for MSU.

Go Gophers!!

Unreal...what an amazing drive and game winning TD.

I hate to see the season Iowa is having, but all you can do is tip the hat to Iowa. Winning at UW, at Penn State and now finding a way to win at Michigan State is a heck of a run. Good for them.

Now let's shock the world and take home Floyd!

Go Gophers!!

When will the luck run out?

Seriously, I am so *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing tired of this. Every big call, every big break, every close game goes Iowa's way. It's been like that for 6-7 years now.

Absolutely disgusting

Unfortunately Iowa has a good program right now and schools like Michigan State and Minnesota do not. Well coached teams make their own breaks!

Amazing win for Iowa. They deserve a BCS Bowl and we are due for a 3 point win over MSU.

I hate my life right now. Work is not going to be fun on Monday.

Well their only test left is Ohio State, where they always have trouble. But the Squaks seem to be putting together that dream year, they have already locked up the big ten title. I wonder if the Gophers will score a TD on them this year in Iowa City after last years debactle in the dome??

When will the luck run out?

Seriously, I am so *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing tired of this. Every big call, every big break, every close game goes Iowa's way. It's been like that for 6-7 years now.

Absolutely disgusting

I wish. The four losses last year by a combined 12 points didn't feel like having every close game go our way, and nor did the heartbreaking losses to NW and Michigan in 05 which cost us a share of the title, followed by the close loss to Florida. The three point losses to Wisconsin in 06 and 07 also beg to differ. It just seems like its been years now that we have been winning all the close games.

Well their only test left is Ohio State, where they always have trouble. But the Squaks seem to be putting together that dream year, they have already locked up the big ten title. I wonder if the Gophers will score a TD on them this year in Iowa City after last years debactle in the dome??

Its far from locked up. We have had plenty of trouble with Indiana and NW in recent years. We also lost a lot of key players to injury tonight. It could be a rough next four games, especially if our RB Robinson is out for any length of time.

Most everyone seems to be waiting for the Hawks...

to choke and beat themselves. Based on several scares this year, that's very possible. OTOH, they might win out, play in the "big one", win and bring some badly needed national respectability back to the BT.

There's a lot on the line next week for both the Gophers and Sparty. The loser won't have an easy time getting to six wins, even though both have a nonconference game left that they should win. First team to 17 points will probably win.

I wish. The four losses last year by a combined 12 points didn't feel like having every close game go our way, and nor did the heartbreaking losses to NW and Michigan in 05 which cost us a share of the title, followed by the close loss to Florida. The three point losses to Wisconsin in 06 and 07 also beg to differ. It just seems like its been years now that we have been winning all the close games.

Well, they are having one heck of a magical/lucky run THIS year. Fortunate game conditions (horrid weather both times playing Penn State the past two years), lucky/fortunate calls (would the Gophers have gotten that PI call last night - history shows absolutely not!), bad failures by other teams to clinch the game or just outright lucky plays (e.g., blocked punt TD to take the lead against Penn State when the offense had been doing nothing, MSU's failure to intercept the ball a few times on the GW drive, NIowa's failure on two consecutive chip shot FGs). These are things that happen to teams of fortune, though, and hats to them for it. That said, how long can the magic last? It's obvious Iowa is not nearly as good as their undefeated record, yet they are still undefeated. I could only wish the Gophers would ever have a season with as much fortune. It's just as important to be lucky as good. Iowa has a lot of the first and just enough of the second to succeed.

Well, they are having one heck of a magical/lucky run THIS year. Fortunate game conditions (horrid weather both times playing Penn State the past two years), lucky/fortunate calls (would the Gophers have gotten that PI call last night - history shows absolutely not!), bad failures by other teams to clinch the game or just outright lucky plays (e.g., blocked punt TD to take the lead against Penn State when the offense had been doing nothing, MSU's failure to intercept the ball a few times on the GW drive, NIowa's failure on two consecutive chip shot FGs). These are things that happen to teams of fortune, though, and hats to them for it. That said, how long can the magic last? It's obvious Iowa is not nearly as good as their undefeated record, yet they are still undefeated. I could only wish the Gophers would ever have a season with as much fortune. It's just as important to be lucky as good. Iowa has a lot of the first and just enough of the second to succeed.

Wait, why is the refs making the absolute correct call when the DB clearly grabs DJK and throws him to the side "luck"? And wouldn't Adrian Clayborn plowing through the Penn State blockers to get to a kick be a great play on his part rather than just luck? It's not like the punter accidentally kicked it into his helmet.

I thought the only bad call last night was the personal foul call when the one iowa player got hurt. He hit the guy in the shoulder and didn't lead with the head.

I thought the only bad call last night was the personal foul call when the one iowa player got hurt. He hit the guy in the shoulder and didn't lead with the head.

I think there was helmet to helmet contact, but even if there wasn't, it was the correct call. There is a new emphasis on hits above the shoulders, and the Spartan player left his feet to hit Sandeman high. Given all the research that's come out recently about the long-term effects of concussions, it's a completely justified rule, and I'm glad the officials are enforcing it. I don't think Ware was doing anything malicious on that play (as you said, he wasn't leading with his head), but they still need to be doing everything they can to deter plays like that one which can easily lead to concussions (which, as it turns out, that hit did)

Top Bottom