Iowa Game Time

I realize that it is all about TV - but not knowing the start times 7 days in advance does affect stadium attendance.
It certainly doesn't help people plan their day.

I realize that it is all about TV - but not knowing the start times 7 days in advance does affect stadium attendance.
Not sure if it does because a lot of people decide based on the previous week's game and if they want on the band wagon or not. Plus, weather plays a role and more than 7 days out do we really have any idea of the weather?

100%

I love college football, but there are so many things the NFL does better. I don't understand why colleges can't list the start time for every game and then say after November 1 games could be flexed to a more prime time slot if needed.

In the spring you can look at Vikings schedule and know the time of each and every game. It seemed that colleges used to announce 2 weeks prior and now it is 6-7 days before.

100%

I love college football, but there are so many things the NFL does better. I don't understand why colleges can't list the start time for every game and then say after November 1 games could be flexed to a more prime time slot if needed.

In the spring you can look at Vikings schedule and know the time of each and every game. It seemed that colleges used to announce 2 weeks prior and now it is 6-7 days before.
Sadly its all about rankings and money, with the NFL people are going to watch no matter what,

With B1G football, people want to watch the best matchups so waiting as long as they can to see the potential ranking matchup is all the matters.

100%

Because Big 10 Teams enjoy spending the money that FOX/ABC-ESPN are paying them to televise the events and this is part of the contractual agreement.

I hate it, but that's the reality and I knew the situation when I spent my bucks on season tickets.

Because Big 10 Teams enjoy spending the money that FOX/ABC-ESPN are paying them to televise the events and this is part of the contractual agreement.

I hate it, but that's the reality and I knew the situation when I spent my bucks on season tickets.
I get that. I don't know why they cannot create a schedule with times and then flex times out of a time slot. I would guess all of us before the year could look at a schedule and determine each game for each week that is going to be the big game. Leave yourself some wiggle room with the flex option because there are surprises every year... i.e. Illinois games down the stretch, etc.

I get that. I don't know why they cannot create a schedule with times and then flex times out of a time slot. I would guess all of us before the year could look at a schedule and determine each game for each week that is going to be the big game. Leave yourself some wiggle room with the flex option because there are surprises every year... i.e. Illinois games down the stretch, etc.
Problem is your scheduling over multiple networks and multiple conferences with contracts to follow. The NFL is one entity.

Additionally, CFB has playoff/elimination games every with due to the playoff set-up. They want these games in the prime spots.

I guess there would be advantages and disadvantages with both formats. I do recall in 2019 I had committed to an event the night of the Nebraska game, which was flexed into Prime Time and caught me off guard.

I was able to adjust and enjoyed the thrashing of the Cornhuskers. If more of those happen, something outside of the 11am or 2:30 windows, it would really bother me. I got things to do.

Is 1:30 in play? It was for Rutgers.
Possible, but highly improbable. The week of the Rutgers game there were only 5 Big 10 games, and one of those was in prime time. As a result BTN only had 1 game and could schedule whenever they wanted.

The Minnesota/Iowa game is 1 of 7 contests that day, and no night games (presumably).

1667861215291.png
If MN and Iowa win this week, the game might get a better network for viewing. I would think Illinois and MI are the 2:30pm slot and tOSU and Maryland 11am. It's FCS week in the SEC, so Iowa and MN might be attractive.

Utah at Oregon or USC/UCLA likely get prime time and FOX games.

Also TCU and Baylor in B12

Not fun to wait for kickoff time but flying in from FL for the game. Is ticketmaster or tickpick the best option to buy tickets last minute to hopefully not pay $200 for lower deck with fees?

Top Bottom