Iowa Game Tickets

maliksealy

Reaction score
Driving up from Des Moines Friday afternoon with another Gopher/Cyclone fan. I see there are a lot of tickets left for sale. $75 seems like a lot to pay for a ticket in the upper corners. We scalped last year for this game and got seats on the 50 lower bowl for $80 each. Think the game will sell out?

Driving up from Des Moines Friday afternoon with another Gopher/Cyclone fan. I see there are a lot of tickets left for sale. $75 seems like a lot to pay for a ticket in the upper corners. We scalped last year for this game and got seats on the 50 lower bowl for $80 each. Think the game will sell out?

Malik, I think the game wil be very close to a sellout. I also think the students will go bazonkers and help our guys bring Floyd home.

GO GOPHERS!!!

It'll probably sell out, but I bet you'll be able to do better than $75 outside the stadium.

I received an e-mail last week (presumably all season ticket holders got the same e-mail) that Iowa and Ohio St tickets were on sale for $50/ticket. I'm not sure how many were available at that price or if the promotion is still available.

Go Gophers!!

Any update on this? I'm going to be rolling solo (so if you happen to have a sweet tailgate gig and don't mind someone coming to mooch, I mean provide beer in exchange for good times, let me know). So I'm thinking I'll probably try to get some outside the door. But it'd be nice if we managed to sell this one out without too much Iowee getting into the stands

A quick scan of Gophersports.com seating map shows 9 sections (all in the upper corners of the U) that are blue with zero green sections and a lot of yellow and red. Stubhub shows 937 tickets left starting just below $75. If you are flying solo, I recommend grabbing one of the 2 open seats in sec 152, because it is a party, close to the beer, the seat is an aisle seat in the top row (really close to the beer) and enjoy.
As far as tailgating goes it sounds like the flats and lot 37 are a blast, but whenever I am in town I always go to Ski U Mah because Gopherlady makes the best jello shots around.

Looks like it's going to be around 30 degrees during the morning. What are the best bars close to the stadium to hang out/drink before the game?

Bump. Anyone have any updates on tickets sold or discounts being offered?

Bump. Anyone have any updates on tickets sold or discounts being offered?

I can say there appears to be some kind of promo going on that must be private b/c when you try to buy tix off gophers sports the entire last 10 or so rows are available in section 229 (for example) yet you cannot click on them to buy them. I would assume they are reserved for season ticket holders or for a giveaway of some sort?

I bought three from $150 from a Gopher fan Monday. Tickets on Craigslist have steadily gone down in price this week.

I bought three from $150 from a Gopher fan Monday. Tickets on Craigslist have steadily gone down in price this week.

yeah seems like a ton of people tried to sell them for really big money and are realizing you aren't going to pull in $150/ticket for most spots

I'm pretty sure I know someone who bought 8 for 50 bucks when they had the promotion and tried to turn a profit on stubhub.

They're still sitting there. I'm all for making a quick buck when possible, but everyone who has followed this team knew that second hand ticket sales were going to take a dip after Illinois. If you're still looking for tickets, I'd get them on game day. The scalpers are gonna be looking to dump the ones they had priced $30 to high all week.

yeah seems like a ton of people tried to sell them for really big money and are realizing you aren't going to pull in $150/ticket for most spots

Forecast of 38 and 20 mph winds will do that.

Forecast of 38 and 20 mph winds will do that.

I don't think the weather is playing a factor at all. This is all a product of the Illinois loss. Wisconsin last year was the hot ticket and that was a nightmare of a day. I believe kickoff temp was in the teens with similar winds, but that place was packed. They sold 2,000 more tickets than the Iowa game 2 months earlier when we were 4-0. You could have made a pretty penny on Wisconsin tickets last year. Not the case for Iowa this year. You'd be lucky to get face value at this point.

I don't think the weather is playing a factor at all. This is all a product of the Illinois loss. Wisconsin last year was the hot ticket and that was a nightmare of a day. I believe kickoff temp was in the teens with similar winds, but that place was packed. They sold 2,000 more tickets than the Iowa game 2 months earlier when we were 4-0. You could have made a pretty penny on Wisconsin tickets last year. Not the case for Iowa this year.

+1. The tix were moving when we were unbeaten in B10 play and now it seems like the number available is rising instead of depleting as the game gets closer. Could be due to people who had planned on going changing their mind as well but I feel like the loss is pushing the casual fan away now moreso than the weather

If you're going it alone, you can probably scalp a student tix for $25 or $30. I don't think they check ID's.

I'd be happy with 45,000 actual. 38 degrees isn't that bad. Losing at Illinois is bad. That drove a stake in the heart of the casual fan.

I do think the weather is playing a factor with ticket sales. Casual fan doesn't wanna sit in the wind freezing.

I'd be happy with 45,000 actual. 38 degrees isn't that bad. Losing at Illinois is bad. That drove a stake in the heart of the casual fan.

Time to replace the casual fans with newer truer breed of fans. Something like the Sweet Tango/HoneyCrisp of fans.

I do think the weather is playing a factor with ticket sales. Casual fan doesn't wanna sit in the wind freezing.

Again. Wisconsin last year was 20 degrees colder than what tomorrow will be, and we weren't in first place last year. 53,000 still showed up.

Again. Wisconsin last year was 20 degrees colder than what tomorrow will be, and we weren't in first place last year. 53,000 still showed up.

Completely agree that the Illinois game is the main reason. If we were 7-1 and alone atop the B1G West the Iowa game would be a sellout.

Top Bottom