Iowa eyeing Mollberg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please for the love of everything good in this world, don't go to Iowa Joe. No DL kid should go to Iowa. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please for the love of everything good in this world, don't go to Iowa Joe. No DL kid should go to Iowa. :)

I agree, but if we don't offer him, I can't blame the kid.

I remember awhile ago when a lot of us thought that Nelson would end up in WI and I thought Mollberg looked every bit as impressive as Nelson. I still do and I hope he doesn't end up in Iowa.

By the way, I didn't mean that as a rip on Nelson. I think he looks like the real deal, I just think Mollberg is as well.

Here is to hoping that Mollberg and/or Leidner decide to walk on here!

Im in DL right now, he was throwing with NDSU shirt on, he said quote "i wanna goto gophers, else NDSU offerred first, but other big 10 teams would have to come after me hard"

Im in DL right now, he was throwing with NDSU shirt on, he said quote "i wanna goto gophers, else NDSU offerred first, but other big 10 teams would have to come after me hard"

If that's really a quote, then I'd be surprised if he was academically eligible to come here anyway.

From that article:

What camps did you recently attend and how did they go?
“I went to NIU and that was a terrible run camp. They were not very organized and it seemed they didn't even look at the recruits"

I don't care how bad the camp was, what a stupid thing to say.

From that article:

What camps did you recently attend and how did they go?
“I went to NIU and that was a terrible run camp. They were not very organized and it seemed they didn't even look at the recruits"

I don't care how bad the camp was, what a stupid thing to say.

If it was so bad as to extinguish his interest in NIU, it shouldn't hurt him in the long run. Your guy Doeren struggling to learn on the job?

Mollberg still.waiting on Uminn,Iowa but looking more and more like NDSU.
NDSU got a verbal from 6 8 310 OL from kindred nodak to protect him.

isn't there a NDSU board you can post on? No one cares about your team here.

No one cares.

No one cares.

As long as LB isn't talking trash against the Gophers, I don't think it's fair to knock him on his posts. If LB does in fact have anything real to say about Mollberg's situation, then indeed some of us do care.

As long as LB isn't talking trash against the Gophers, I don't think it's fair to knock him on his posts. If LB does in fact have anything real to say about Mollberg's situation, then indeed some of us do care.

When has LB ever had anything to contribute to this board except for NDSU speculation that never comes true? His crap does not belong on a MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHER message board.

I don't think most posters on this board realize how big NDSU and UND are. NDSU is about equal in size and enrollment to Notre Dame, and I believe that UND is bigger yet. Both schools are far more popular in their market than the U of M is anywhere. Where is their market? If you drew a line from, say, Breckenridge to Warroad, probably more than two thirds of the Minnesotans to the west of that line cheer for NDSU or UND instead of the Gophers.

NDSU may be a very serious contender for young Mr. Mollberg.

I'm speaking as a transplanted Twin Citian now stranded in Fargo/Moorhead.

und is small, nothing, they lost to a NAIA fball team. If not for 25yr old canadians, theyd suck in hockey too.

I don't think most posters on this board realize how big NDSU and UND are. NDSU is about equal in size and enrollment to Notre Dame, and I believe that UND is bigger yet. Both schools are far more popular in their market than the U of M is anywhere. Where is their market? If you drew a line from, say, Breckenridge to Warroad, probably more than two thirds of the Minnesotans to the west of that line cheer for NDSU or UND instead of the Gophers.

No one is denying that Mollberg may have/has interest in NDSU. The problem people have with the crazy guy that works at Fox in Fargo and threatened a politician is that he seems to think it's necessary to give us recruiting updates on his 1AA team. No one gives a crap that they signed some no name OL from Poop Smear, ND. That crap doesn't belong on this board no matter how many NDSU fans may reside in NW Minnesota.

Hey kuato, quit being a dick. everyone hates that politcian, he deserved it , hes a spineless sissy. Im a.gopher season ticket holder. Mollberg wants to goto gophers, but iowa and NDSU are after him.

Hey kuato, quit being a dick. everyone hates that politcian, he deserved it , hes a spineless sissy. Im a.gopher season ticket holder. Mollberg wants to goto gophers, but iowa and NDSU are after him.

Care to share what other politicians you feel should be threatened?

Great, you have season tickets. That still doesn't mean that you should litter this board with recruiting updates for a 1AA team.

You probably shouldn't be calling people spineless sissies since you weren't even man enough to use your real name when you threatened the politician.

Back to Mollberg. It is just too bad Nelson, Leidner and Mollberg are all in the same class. Most college programs try to bring in 1 QB a year and Kill has brought in 2 of the 3 already. I just don't think he can go with 3 QB's in this class with so much help needed in other areas. Leidner has the ability to move to H-back or TE, so Kill could take a chance with him and see which of the two develops better at QB. If it is Nelson they can still utilize Leidner someplace.

Mollberg should go where he fits best, if it's Iowa that's too bad. By the time he is starting there, Kill will have the Gophers beating them every year anyway.

This is F'ing ridiculous. You don't "cheer" for a NDSU or UND instead of the Gophers, they are in completely different leagues. It would be the same as saying you "cheer" for the Dakota Wizards instead of the Minnesota Timberwolves. They don't compete at the same level, so it's not an either or proposition in any way.

Nobody gives a damn about NDSU, they are not relevant on this board unless they are on the Gophers schedule that week.

Back to Mollberg. It is just too bad Nelson, Leidner and Mollberg are all in the same class. Most college programs try to bring in 1 QB a year and Kill has brought in 2 of the 3 already. I just don't think he can go with 3 QB's in this class with so much help needed in other areas. Leidner has the ability to move to H-back or TE, so Kill could take a chance with him and see which of the two develops better at QB. If it is Nelson they can still utilize Leidner someplace.

Mollberg should go where he fits best, if it's Iowa that's too bad. By the time he is starting there, Kill will have the Gophers beating them every year anyway.

Yeah, I really liked Mollberg's highlight videos and he seems like the kind of player who could have made a lot of sense. He also really seems to want to be (or wanted) a Gopher. Also, like Leidner, Mollberg is the kind of athlete who could be moved positions. He's probably 6'4" 210-215, and he . has a frame that could put on a lot of weight. (He also moves pretty well).

However, there does seem to be some disconnect between Mollberg and our staff. I've heard that the U isn't really interested in him at all. This could easily because of the numbers of QBs or possibly it's something else. I really have no idea.

I hope he gets offered a Division 1 scholarship, even if it has to be Iowa. I'd like to see as many MN kids succeed as possible and I think he is probably good enough to at least be a MAC QB. That said, I wouldn't expect to see him on the Gophers (duh), even as a walk on.

As far as NDSU goes, schools like that are contingent plans. The talk about NDSU and Iowa being after him but him waiting on the U is silly. If Iowa and NDSU are his only options, he will end up at Iowa. Lets not be silly. It's more like...he wants to go to the U (seems pretty apparent), NDSU has offered and Iowa is sort of sniffing around. If Iowa bites, he's a Hawkeye. He would pick a mid-major before he ends up at NDSU.

Lakesbison doesn't have any clue what he is ever talking about, so pay him no attention. Remember him talking about Joe Bjorklund? He guranteed he'd end up in NDSU because of how much he loves it up there, yadda yadda yadda. However, when Bjorklund was offered by Toledo (I think), he jumped all over it before NDSU and then when the U offered, he came here (he was willing to take a gray shirt here over Toledo or NDSU). There is a certain hierarchy, and it still exists.

1 kid is you sample size? Congrats.

Mollberg wants uminn,iowa,ndsu in that order, big deal. Cant wait for him to be a bison!

1 kid is you sample size? Congrats.

Mollberg wants uminn,iowa,ndsu in that order, big deal. Cant wait for him to be a bison!

Every player from MN who ends up not working out here, you say you've heard grumblings of him going to NDSU. You even pulled this BS when you talked about Royce White. It's nonsense and you're a joke. You brought up Sam Maresh when he left the U (ended up at JuCo), or Nick Rengel?

I agree, Mollberg wants MN, IA, and then NDSU and he probably will become a Bison. However, that is because the U won't and IA probably won't offer him. So it really isn't about how he ranks the schools, it will be him being "stuck" with NDSU, as like I said, a contingency.

The more proper way to look at it is that Mollberg wants MN, any division 1 BCS school, any mid major school..........then........NDSU. But he will likely end up at NDSU because those other offers might not come, if they do, he won't go to NDSU. It's really not that complicated.

I imagine there is a kid heading to St. Thomas next season who would have the schools ranked: (1) Helmet Schools (2) U of MN (3) Iowa (4) Any BCS school (5) NDSU (6) St. Thomas. That doesn't exactly imply that St. Thomas won a recruiting battle with Florida that hypothetical kid.

Top Bottom