Iowa Defense

It does help that Iowa won't face even one top offense this year, but they are doing the job with what's on their schedule.

we'll see how the YPP holds up in the B10 Championship game. Part of this is they also face teams that play them ultra conservatively in the west because they know Iowa's offense is horrible. They've only faced 1 top 4 offense in the BIG and they put 31 and 400 yards of offense on them despite playing the 2nd stringers for the entirety of the 4th. Michigan, OSU and PSU all have better defenses this year.

Phil Parker must have some legendary patience to not just turn over the film room table in a rage one day and have the car waiting outside to drive him to Alabama

we'll see how the YPP holds up in the B10 Championship game. Part of this is they also face teams that play them ultra conservatively in the west because they know Iowa's offense is horrible. They've only faced 1 top 4 offense in the BIG and they put 31 and 400 yards of offense on them despite playing the 2nd stringers for the entirety of the 4th. Michigan, OSU and PSU all have better defenses this year.
This Iowa team is the type to shock the world and my worst fear for the way the B1G plays out. I'm not going to go back 8 weeks to measure them against PSU. It'll be December and they have slowly gotten better. Not predicting it, but it's the type of team that might find a way.

I agree here. Those 3 have been better overall this season.

Iowa did hold up pretty well against the leading rusher in the B1G on Saturday. 39 yards on 13 carries. He had 159 yards on 24 carries vs Ohio State last week.

Overall they've held every team on their B1G schedule to a point total below their season average.

But that PSU game was a stain. It exposed a 3rd down weakness. They just don't get off the field on 3rd downs and they don't put a lot of pressure on the passer.

Iowa is playing lights out on defense, with no help from the offense. The one thing that mitigates to offense a little is the punter. I wonder how OSU’s Defense would hold up with Iowas offensive ”production.
They seem to have way more speed than their offense and fantastic positioning and discipline.

This Iowa team is the type to shock the world and my worst fear for the way the B1G plays out. I'm not going to go back 8 weeks to measure them against PSU. It'll be December and they have slowly gotten better. Not predicting it, but it's the type of team that might find a way.
Iowa's defense has been phenomenal....the problem is that for them to beat a team like OSU or Michigan that team would have to make a ton of mistakes and allow the Iowa D to put points on the board.

Michigan and Ohio State both have great offenses and great defenses.....Iowa only has the Defense so if a good team gets ahead of them they are toast.

I will be shocked if the final East/West championship is not a blowout victory by whichever team comes out of the East. But that blowout might be more along the lines of the Iowa/PSU game where it was 31-0 with Iowa's offense barely moving the ball all game.

Top Bottom