Iowa columnist: 'Gophers' statistics scream something . . . WE STINK!'

His opinion. My opinion - Mike Hlas...Suck it!

"Of the 120 teams in the NCAA's Football Bowl Subdivision, Minnesota ranks in the bottom 96 in passing offense, passing efficiency, total offense, scoring offense, rushing defense, total defense and turnover margin."

I do not think that statistic means what Mike Hlas thinks it means.

"Of the 120 teams in the NCAA's Football Bowl Subdivision, Minnesota ranks in the bottom 96 in passing offense, passing efficiency, total offense, scoring offense, rushing defense, total defense and turnover margin."

I do not think that statistic means what Mike Hlas thinks it means.

So, that means we are like top 25 in one or more categories.

This also was linked by Bennett and Rittenberg on their ESPN Big Ten blog for today (http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/36689/big-ten-lunch-links-555).

They lost to a MN team that kind of stunk last year!! I hope they do again so they can bask in their own suck!

He's absolutely right. The only number that needs to be seen is the scores to know all that. You don't lose 58-0, 45-17, and 41-14 unless your pretty much bad at everything.

That said, we sucked last year and I recall beating Iowa then too, so......

Maybe we could send Reusse down there to write about the hawkeyes.

They lost to a MN team that kind of stunk last year!! I hope they do again so they can bask in their own suck!
He's absolutely right. The only number that needs to be seen is the scores to know all that. You don't lose 58-0, 45-17, and 41-14 unless your pretty much bad at everything.

That said, we sucked last year and I recall beating Iowa then too, so......

Iowans are so observant right up to the point where the ridicule you for spelling Minnesota during The Rouser, only to have their cheerleaders hold up cards so they can spell out Iowa.

Top Bottom