Iowa City Roll Call

maliksealy

Reaction score
Who will be making the trip to Iowa City on Thursday? I'm heading over from Des Moines in the afternoon.

Any other Gopher fans in Iowa going?

I will be! I just hope the weather/roads cooperate!

My wife and I will be there. It's a fun trip every (other yr now).Glad when they get back to 2 games every yr.

i hope there will be more than 4 gopher fans there...

maybe not...

LOL! I knew having a Thursday night game would have an impact on how many people could make it to the game, but I thought it would for sure be more than 4! I do have a friend coming with me, so at least that will make it 5, haha!

Gazillions of us in Fargo/Moorhead area will be watching and cheering and yelling and hollering and shouting and ((((((fill in the blank))))) for the Gophers, even tho I pick the Fawkeyes to win on the predictions with Snowman's thread. I picked the Fawkeyes at Carver, but I am still cheering for the Gophers.

LOL! I knew having a Thursday night game would have an impact on how many people could make it to the game, but I thought it would for sure be more than 4! I do have a friend coming with me, so at least that will make it 5, haha!

There might only be four Iowa fans, too!! Seriously, I heard today that Iowa expects a crowd of 10,000 for the game. That makes 5000 empty seats there for a Big Ten game! That helps us!

Depending on a few last minute things, I'd like to head over from DSM for the game with my son. I'm not surprised to hear of a limited crowd. Does anyone have any thoughts on the availability and expected cost of tickets bought on the street? I did that once before a few years ago and I seem to recall paying about face.

I'd try to make it if it were over a weekend ... but a mid-week game and the distance translates into missing work Thursday afternoon and (most likely) Friday morning, staying in a (yawn) motel overnight. Not the year for it.

(Last year zipping down to Ames for the Iowa State game seemed easier simply because it was shorter, faster and a direct shot down I-35. Plus we got home shortly after midnight as opposed to close to 2AM if we drove straight back. Road trips like that aren't as attractive when you hit 60 -- years, not mph ;) )

Top Bottom