Iowa Boards

This might be a stupid question, but why do they have so many more fans than us on there boards right now? They have 3,062 including guest and we only have 740 including guests. Is Hawkeye football way more beloved in Iowa than Gopher football is in Minnesota?

UMMMMMMM, this is all they HAVE in Iowa, dude. Literally... what are they going to be on the internet for (granted that's a big feat for iowa, having internet) to check their stocks? breaking news? professional sports teams? or b!tch about their hogeye football team losing to the Gophers 2 years running..

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=149079676&mid=149079676&sid=940&style=2

That's my favorite thread on their board right now. Clearly there are a lot of people who know the rule but those who don't and want to argue about it are hilarious. Always check the rule before you debate it kids.

Best line in the thread:

You don't know much about football. The ball has to cross the line for it to be a TD. I also agree that it looked he was holding the ball backwards.

Go Gophers!!!!! We will be much improved next year, and the pig farmers lose pretty much everybody. I think we might win going away next year. 3-in-a-row, baby!

It makes it so much sweeter because of this. A 30 yard Iowa fan and his girlfriend were in an empty part of the student section about 30 minutes prior to kickoff. They were screaming belligerently and making fools out of themselves. I expected it from the male, but was shocked that his girlfirend/sister joined in.

Holy sh*t. That thread makes even the stupidest posters on this forum look like veritable polymaths.

I have many friends who know football much more than me. They work hard, support the Gophers financially, have season tickets to a couple sports, go to concerts, play hard. But you know what? They aren't on Gopher hole and doubt if they ever will be. They support the Gophers as much as they can and they have other things they would like to support including their families who are also Gopher fans. Numbers on the Gopher hole doesn't mean a thing.

You mean McNutt?
I *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ed up. For some reason i thought you were talking about the pass interference call at the end of the game. I didn't know about the one earlier cause I was only able to watch the 4th quarter.

...Iowa fan and his .... I expected it from the male, but was shocked that his girlfirend/sister joined in.

hmmmm. miss the days of just sex in the bathrooms by iowa fan....

thank you team! my sister (Not my girlfriend/sister!) went to iowa. greatly appreciate the bragging rights

I *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ed up. For some reason i thought you were talking about the pass interference call at the end of the game. I didn't know about the one earlier cause I was only able to watch the 4th quarter.

No problem. Lewis knocked into McNutt in the end zone in the first half. It was pretty clear that McKnight was pushed.

Top Bottom