Iowa beats Nebraska on last second field goal

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Kicker does 48 yarder twice, as Frost calls time-out a second before the first kick. Frost first season, 4-8; second, 5-7. PJ's first season 5-7; second, 7-6.

My thoughts on Frost early was that I hoped he wouldn't be there long and that he could be a problem in the West.

Over the last two years, I have begun to hope Nebraska keeps him for 5-7 years in the idea that Scott Frost is to Nebraska ad Christian Ponder was to the Minnesota Vikings.

I was pulling for Iowa for the obvious reason, but also because I didn’t want Nebraska thinking they’ve turned a corner, like we did at the end of last season. An entire off-season of self doubt is best case scenario.

I was pulling for Iowa for the obvious reason, but also because I didn’t want Nebraska thinking they’ve turned a corner, like we did at the end of last season. An entire off-season of self doubt is best case scenario.
agreed. Besides, Iowa was getting hosed by the refs at the end. The final was justified.

I don’t see Frost lasting long down there. He seems in over his head. I feel like there’s probably a big disconnect between him and the players. Maybe he did inherit some players with a negative attitude. I feel like a head coach needs to get that under control at the 2 year mark.

I don’t see Frost lasting long down there. He seems in over his head. I feel like there’s probably a big disconnect between him and the players. Maybe he did inherit some players with a negative attitude. I feel like a head coach needs to get that under control at the 2 year mark.

Some Nebby fans are convinced they are really close since they only lost by 3 to Iowa at home.

They do have an easy schedule for the first 7 games next year.

Totally agree. A coach with no ties to the program would have been fired during last night’s postgame. He’ll get a generous number of seasons to try to succeed.

Longest bowl-less streak since 1962. He is in a panic. One loss early next year and the wheels come off.

agreed. Besides, Iowa was getting hosed by the refs at the end. The final was justified.
Two terrible calls against Iowa: the long Iowa pass that was obviously caught; and the obvious targeting against Nebraska not called.

Two terrible calls against Iowa: the long Iowa pass that was obviously caught; and the obvious targeting against Nebraska not called.
Both of those calls were reviewed and correctly overturned in my opinion. As was the Ohio State targeting just overturned. Thank God they are finally starting to call the Targeting penalty correctly. I am so tired of seeing players thrown out of games for absolutely nothing.

Both of those calls were reviewed and correctly overturned in my opinion. As was the Ohio State targeting just overturned. Thank God they are finally starting to call the Targeting penalty correctly. I am so tired of seeing players thrown out of games for absolutely nothing.
The catch was more than clearly made, with two steps and most of a full roll on the ground before the ball came out. Clear catch. the targeting call was wrong on the field, but would have been an appropriate makeup call...and that also was overturned.

I know we were all supposed to be amazed that Nebraska the helmet school joined the Big 10. Well, since then, they aren’t really awesome athletically and and academically would be ineligible for admission.

Top Bottom