Iowa at Wisconsin

Which team winning is better for Gophers?

• Iowa

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Natural Disaster destroying Camp Randall and both teams.

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Which loser team winning is better for the Gophers?

Iowa. Pretty much knocks Wisconsin outta the West race and makes the Iowa-MN game the West championship assuming other games go as expected (obviously not likely to happen in CFB). None of it changes the fact Minnesota controls their own destiny though.

PS: Gophers are going to win at Iowa 20-17 in 3 weeks. Place your bets early :)

For a 10-2 big ten west champion gophers team, I think we want Iowa to win

if you think we are going to need to win it at 9-3 because we can’t win out, need Iowa to lose.

My heart would like to take the third option.

But I think Iowa winning is better for us overall only because it essentially removes Wisconsin from the equation whereas a Wisconsin win leaves both those teams still in the mix.

In the end, tough to say which result would help us the most because there are still a lot of games left to be played. The good thing is, one of those teams is leaving that game with an L in their record.

Took Wisconsin as a hard head who believes this is as good a year as any to have The Axe, The Pig, and The B1G West Trophy (if there is one that is) in the Trophy Case for at least a year.

Only way to do that is to beat them both. Having Wisconsin still in the mix makes it that much sweeter.

That offered, reality says I-O-W-A for the reasons stated. Football is fun again.

I kind of hope Wisconsin wins. With a Gophers win against NW, we're all alone in 1st place. That would ruffle some feathers.

I voted for Wisconsin because I think Iowa is better. I'd rather be up on Iowa and have to take my chances with Wisconsin down the stretch than have Wisconsin eliminated but still have to deal with Iowa.

Top Bottom