Iowa admits NCAA violation regarding Oglesby's recruitment

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...ble-NCAA-violation-involving?urn=ncaab-281313

"In a story that sounds as though it could have been lifted straight out of an episode of MTV's Punk'd, celebrity couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore may have violated NCAA rules on behalf of the Iowa men's basketball program.

The Des Moines Register reported Sunday that Iowa athletic officials have told the NCAA they allowed two recruits to meet Kutcher, Moore and ex-Hawkeye basketball stars Dean Oliver and Reggie Evans prior to a home football game last month."

Has to be the reason he choose Iowa. All kidding aside the NCAA has some absurd rules.

They're good rules unless you really want to make the UNC's of the world even harder to beat recruiting by letting them meet with Michael Jordan on campus visits. Although that still happens despite the rules I guess...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...ble-NCAA-violation-involving?urn=ncaab-281313

"In a story that sounds as though it could have been lifted straight out of an episode of MTV's Punk'd, celebrity couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore may have violated NCAA rules on behalf of the Iowa men's basketball program.

The Des Moines Register reported Sunday that Iowa athletic officials have told the NCAA they allowed two recruits to meet Kutcher, Moore and ex-Hawkeye basketball stars Dean Oliver and Reggie Evans prior to a home football game last month."

If it's done "legally" it's called "a bump" and nothing happens. UNC, Duke, and others do it all the time.

Has to be the reason he choose Iowa. All kidding aside the NCAA has some absurd rules.

So you think it is absurd the NCAA keeps recruits away from boosters during the recruiting process?

Thanks for defining "bump" FOT. I knew there had to be some exception to the rule. I guess Demi Moore will be the best looking female Josh will see in his four years in Iowa City.

It's no big deal I guess, but it certainly wasn't an incidental 'bump' either. I'm sure if Prince bumped into Andre Hollins, Maturi would have his scholarship pulled already.

Thanks for defining "bump" FOT. I knew there had to be some exception to the rule. I guess Demi Moore will be the best looking female Josh will see in his four years in Iowa City.

+1

Silky, like I have said before...a good looking woman in Iowa is called a tourist. :)

Top Bottom