Iowa’s Jordan Bohannon suffers a serious head injury during an assault

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
Awful. Here’s to a quick recovery with no long-term health implications.

I guess I wasn't aware, but no Iowa fans seem surprised or upset by this. Apparently he is a mega-Chad.

Tough to tell from the video exactly what was going on but clearly the guy filming was expecting something to happen. Going to go out on a limb and say Bohannon wasn't totally innocent in the situation. Still, hopefully he recovers and doesn't have any lasting issues from the head injury.

Tough to tell from the video exactly what was going on but clearly the guy filming was expecting something to happen. Going to go out on a limb and say Bohannon wasn't totally innocent in the situation. Still, hopefully he recovers and doesn't have any lasting issues from the head injury.
Apparently he was really drunk and was throwing ice cubes at people.

Bohannon was filming as well before he hit the ground, I'm sure all is revealed in that footage.

Sounds like Iowa City is very dangerous and should be avoided.
LOL I was there 2 years ago and it seemed like the most welcoming place I had ever been to. Maybe it's only dangerous for athletes who have been at the school for 6 years.

Apparently he was really drunk and was throwing ice cubes at people.
I have a friend that sent me the original video (I think) from a friend of a friend of a friend (and so on) and he told me the same thing.

Bohannon was filming as well before he hit the ground, I'm sure all is revealed in that footage.

Probably not what he was looking for though. He's got a reputation as being a social media provocateur and was probably looking for good stuff (or just stupid drunk) for his podcast or Twitter. Even many Hawk fans will admit he is an extreme "look at me" narcissist. Thing is the pro provocateurs, like some of the assholes on radio and ESPN, are not doing it in person, they aren't pushing peeps buttons in the drunk after bar closing street scene.

Also the Justin Bieber of Iowa.

Last edited:

In spite of his choice of teams and questionable behaviors while drinking I still hope he does not have a serious TBI or other injury.

I know, it's not like students are getting murdered in the streets in Minneapolis. This totally the same!

Tragically, I think there was a St Thomas student who was shot and killed in downtown Minneapolis a few days ago.

Tragically, I think there was a St Thomas student who was shot and killed in downtown Minneapolis a few days ago.
If that's the case, then one might say it was idiotic to compare a punch in front of a college bar with a drastic spike in murder and violent crime. Hmmmm. . .

Top Bottom