Interview with Dinkytown Athletes co-founder Robert Gag

I have a question in regards to the nonstop expansion of the SEC and B1G. We’re already at 16 and the continued talks about further expansion got me wondering how do they plan on scheduling to be fair when in some sports they only face about 1/2 the teams now? Is a 20 team conference really better?

I have a question in regards to the nonstop expansion of the SEC and B1G. We’re already at 16 and the continued talks about further expansion got me wondering how do they plan on scheduling to be fair when in some sports they only face about 1/2 the teams now? Is a 20 team conference really better?
Think NFL. Play everyone in your pod and then everyone in your pod plays another pod that rotates yearly. So your pod all gets basically the same schedule.

Think NFL. Play everyone in your pod and then everyone in your pod plays another pod that rotates yearly. So your pod all gets basically the same schedule.
Outside of football, I think it creates unbalanced schedule for sports like softball, soccer, baseball and volleyball. There is no tournament for volleyball so a equitable schedule is important.

Outside of football, I think it creates unbalanced schedule for sports like softball, soccer, baseball and volleyball. There is no tournament for volleyball so a equitable schedule is important.

When considering expansion I'm pretty sure there the B1G is only considering one thing.

And schedules for teams in non-revenue sports is not it.

There is no tournament for volleyball so a equitable schedule is important.
Which is dumb, and I hope they fix that one day. Could easily squeeze a very fun weekend in Chicago at the end of the year.

Practically, it doesn't matter for NCAA seeding. They know the Big Ten is the best conference in the country and the top third to half all have an excellent chance to make the tournament.

Top Bottom